If I turn off my axefx2 while it is updating the FW...

Larcher

Inspired
Will it break in any way, shape or form? I just read a forum where a guy did not want to lose his patches while updating to FW10.

I've never lost any patches while updating to any firmware... so this kinda scared as I've not done a backup of my patches, ever.

The update should not complete then, .....the axe would be as you initially had it as the finalization process did not occur at the end.

Will it break in any way, shape or form? I just read a forum where a guy did not want to lose his patches while updating to FW10.

I've never lost any patches while updating to any firmware... so this kinda scared as I've not done a backup of my patches, ever.

I would highly advise against that - never turn off in the middle of an update. You shouldn't lose anything if you just follow the update protocol as normal...

If it's just in copy the code over mode, it's probably ok, but if it's in the middle of the write, forget about it.

True^^..... but like in areas that are susceptible to power failure (like mine).....
the update did not complete and finalize (flashing of the rom ...etc).

My axe (fortunately) was as before the update.

It amazes me that people don't back up their presets. You can back them up to hardware with a few button pushes in roughly about 10 seconds. I backup as the first step prior to every editing session.

Luckily I found some backups oh my most needed presets (a band I'm currently recording.)

After the update the patches sounds like shit, they are completely different.

Could I revert back to 9.02 and all would be fine if I load my backed up .syx files?

Not that I'd want to reset during install- BUT the other day it happend...

axe edit or the bot crashed while i was updating- and the axe stuck at half way through updating

restarted the unit- the unit worked- checked the firmware and it was still at 9 point whatever...

i was relieved - so it crashed mid way and started up fine as if i never started the upgrade

Luckily I found some backups oh my most needed presets (a band I'm currently recording.)

After the update the patches sounds like shit, they are completely different.

Could I revert back to 9.02 and all would be fine if I load my backed up .syx files?
Yes, that should work.

Back
Top Bottom