Idiot alert PLEASE HELP

55bar

Inspired
Hi very briefly here's my set up, axe fx 2 into powered matrix Q12

I have a pretty big gig this Sunday I want to use this set up.

Just tried to use output 2 into the q12 input with a standard jack TS. No sound. It works when I plug it into output 1 jack.

I know I have VERY likely done something stupid, I only ever use my axe in a theatre gig with avioms but just been told it's an on stage gig.

Yes I'm an idiot and probably need to read the manual but I have a ton of music to learn for a bunch of x-factor winners and just in a bit of a panic!

Any help would be amazing

Please go lightly with any abuse! ;)

Scent from my ismell

Could it be the Output 2 volume on the front panel maybe? Just taking a shot, but someone more knowledgeable than me should pop in here soon.

if you want to use both sets of outputs, you will need to go into the global menu and set out 2 to echo out 1. then you will have the same audio on both sets of outputs

Ok just put fx loop at end of signal chsin now out 2 works. (I did remember reading that somewhere)

Where is the best place to put fx loop at present it splits off after reverb right at end
fa7d39bf9a59066fa8bebbb970873199.jpg

Scent from my ismell

if you want to use both sets of outputs, you will need to go into the global menu and set out 2 to echo out 1. then you will have the same audio on both sets of outputs

Eeek thanks, I'm on 15.02 I can't see this option in my global settings....?

Scent from my ismell

Any idea on the I/O settings is it best to use copy L/R or SUM L/R I've got all effects in mono

Scent from my ismell

just leave them all in stereo. summing the outputs can lead to some strange sounding fx

just leave them all in stereo. summing the outputs can lead to some strange sounding fx

Thank you so much, I've set a patch using all fx in mono, amp 1 friedman be with an ultra res tv mix cab amp 2 Suhr badger with the Kathleen speaker I've set can block to low cut 150 hz and high cut to 6k.

I/O set as shown have I missed anything? I'm terrified I'll get on the gig with a shrill tone as I'm setting this at non gig volume.

44803d682388b61325710ac8d68f2131.jpg
5f88d9773003bd81ede0041b33008604.jpg

Scent from my ismell

And I'm using a standard jack to go from out 2 to matrix Q12 is this ok.

I'm aware I sound like a complete amateur but as I've said I NEVER play live and only just found out I'm on stage not in orchestra pit as usual

Scent from my ismell

And...(sorry) am I correct to not have a mic in the cab block? Sound better without to my ears.

Scent from my ismell

yup everything looks fine. just to be on the safe side, make a copy of the patch and give it a little less gain and a little less top end. just to give yourself the option, if you need it.

if you're using both sets of outs (one to matrix and the other to FOH) you can eq them differently, using the "global eq" under the "global" button on the front panel

here's a "corrective" eq for the matrix q12....

63 = -4.3db
125 = -5db
500 = +4db
4k = -6.5db
8k = -3.7db

and if you're going to FOH, then you can apply a different eq on the other outputs, which helps to compensate for large pa systems...i run mine like this...

31 = -6db
63 = -6db
125 = -2db
4k = -2db
8k = -6db
16k = -6db

if you're using both sets of outs (one to matrix and the other to FOH) you can eq them differently, using the "global eq" under the "global" button on the front panel

here's a "corrective" eq for the matrix q12....

63 = -4.3db
125 = -5db
500 = +4db
4k = -6.5db
8k = -3.7db

and if you're going to FOH, then you can apply a different eq on the other outputs, which helps to compensate for large pa systems...i run mine like this...

31 = -6db
63 = -6db
125 = -2db
4k = -2db
8k = -6db
16k = -6db

I owe you a beer!

Scent from my ismell

see how it sounds.

and make sure both amps have their bypass modes set to mute, btw

Cool thank you, last question I promise! Once the sound guy takes the xlr out to FOH do I ask him to set EQ on desk flat?

As I've eqd at my end?

Scent from my ismell

yes, tell him to start flat and then he can make any small tweaks as necessary. if you're running xlr to the desk, then you will either need to tel him he's getting a line level (and you run out 1 full up and he "pads" on the channel strip), or you run out 1 level very low, as he'll be expecting a mic level from you. if he has a DI box spare...use that and set the pad to -20db or more and run out 1 full up. he'll tell you if it's too hot or not and then you can adjust if needed

Just interested How did you work on your global eq setting for matrix and foh?

Scent from my ismell

Back
Top Bottom