iaresee's Gig Patches Monster Post

I look foreward to checking this out. Thanks! As a reminder to all, as you know, over time loud playing leads to ear damage. The first thing to go is the high's so we compensate and what sounds good to us sounds shrill to others. Not saying this is the case here, just reminding to protect yourselves and get a checkup now and then.:encouragement:

I'm actually worried, based on the comments, that my high range is gone. Have a hearing test next week.

Make sure to be explicit about what range is tested - high range to you might mean something different than an audiologist (?) whose primary concern may be frequencies important for speech comprehension. Been there, done that - the test topped out at somewhere around 6-8K (I don't remember specifically).

Your presets are a great way to dig more deeply in the Axe. Thanks also for explaining the send-return position in the grid. That gives more real-estate square meters in the grid!

Your presets are a great way to dig more deeply in the Axe. Thanks also for explaining the send-return position in the grid. That gives more real-estate square meters in the grid!

Excellent! Yes, the send and return block are super handy to get a longer series line. Just be careful when you butt them right up against the input and output like I do. Make sure you don't accidentally bypass them -- it'll overload your output pretty quickly.

Ian, while Cooper/Larry's acoustic preset sounds great at home, it doesn't work out as well for me playing live. It misses "body", IMHO. So I modified it by adding a second row and merging them. Preset attached, including the required IR. I'd like to know what you think of it.

Nice. I'll check these out on Friday night!

fremen, there's a lot of stuff learned from you in these patches (Acoustic Badger is just a tweak of your patch for example)! Thanks for all the sharing you do!

We all learn things from other users, that's the beauty of that community !

Excellent! Yes, the send and return block are super handy to get a longer series line. Just be careful when you butt them right up against the input and output like I do. Make sure you don't accidentally bypass them -- it'll overload your output pretty quickly.
I'll take care of that. Nice trick, thanks!

Thanks for sharing these and the hard work that went into making them. I'll be checking these out after work tonight. I like your structured approach and the predictability of components between different patches. Streamlined is good.

If you're careful you can place the send and return blocks in the output and input columns in the matrix. For the send block you need to set the output level to 0% and the send level to 100%. For the return you need to set the mix to 100%. There's no bleed of raw guitar signal if you do it this way, either to the output from the send block or from the input to the return block.

Am I missing something, or what are you running in the loop? I don't see any mention of having anything in your FX loop on the Axe. ???

For sure my PRS Standard 24 is dark. All mahogany, no top cap, set neck, runs PAF-style pickups. Definitely dark. My Schecter Strat is a HEAVY piece of swamp ash, so it's probably dark too.

I love mahogany guitars. I have a really old ES-335 with a mahogany neck. Gorgeous tone.

Thanks for sharing your presets and knowledge. I look forward to diving in this weekend.

Am I missing something, or what are you running in the loop? I don't see any mention of having anything in your FX loop on the Axe. ???

This is not the effect loop block. These are the send and return blocks. They let you take signal from any point on the grid and make it appear at any other point. I use it in these patches to basically extend my serial line beyond one row's worth of columns.

Last edited:
This is the effect loop block. These are the send and return blocks. They let you take signal from any point on the grid and make it appear at any other point. I use it in these patches to basically extend my serial line beyond one row's worth of columns.

ha! genius. so, not really using it for the FX loop intent, just more layout space. cool idea!

Back
Top Bottom