Ian Thornley (Big Wreck) Axe-Fx III

BW probably has their own sound guy. Thats usual for headliners on tour.

Hopefully the EP isnt brickwalled like previous releases. Glad the show was good!

Got the new BW CD in the mail today. Deliberately ignored the initial streaming release, wanted to hear it the first time as they intended, we'll see how it's mastered. Very glad to see them on team Fractal!

Saw them on the 7.3 tour, on the east coast leg earlier this year.
Great show. Great set. Great crowd. I love the vibe of smaller places, but damn they should be playing bigger places.

Okay go to around the 33:30 maybe 33:45 mark. Is that a 12 string emulation sound from the axe or is he doing something else? He’s playing a six string but it sounds like 12 and I know we can do this already but his sounds very good

Another one fellas . If this is all axefx then wow just wow. It sounds great. And I really want one of those Suhr Roughneck strats. His signature suhr strat seems so versatile. Soloing starts around 5min mark

Around 9:50 mark you can see the fc12 on Chris's board and in the video description says Ian also had one which you can clearly see on other recent live videos of theirs. Guess that would confirm they're running the AFX3. Ill have dreams of an Ian Thornley gift of tone. He's got all the sounds from clean to mean.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom