I think that I just got / bought one!!! One of the 5...

browlett

Experienced
I'm pretty sure that I just bought an MFC-101. I just clicked on Cliff's link about 5 being available right now with no discount (first come, first served). I almost didn't believe it. I saw that (at the time) over 38 people had viewed his post before me. But, I took a chance that 5 people hadn't bought, yet, and went to the fractal website. I found the link to purchase something, selected the MFC-101, and it let me in!

I got all the way through the purchasing process - including giving my card info, mailing address, etc. Man, I am psyched if this means that I got through. I know that by not waiting for my name to be called from the waiting list that I'm costing myself an extra hundred bucks. But, I was waiting forever for this thing and couldn't resist the opportunity to get one now. If I'm a beta tester and have to go through bug growing pains, then so-be-it.

I only hope that I didn't just cost myself the $100 waiting list discount for nothing. My worst fear is that 5 people beat me to it and they just didn't get to disable the ability to purchase one. If so, this might mean that I won't get one, just spent $749+, lost my place on the waiting list, and will no longer be eligible for the $100 off.

:?

I'm hoping that I get more confirmation that I am, in fact, one of the 5. Cliff?

161302703s6sq.gif

AWESOME!!!

Thanks for the confirmation!

:D

I got in as well, but was wondering what it came with? Power supply, does it have a midi cable? manual?

I'm sure that I (and, anyone else who admits here that they got one) will be inundated with questions about the manual, features, etc. I ordered mine to be sent to me via UPS ground service. My home is less than a 2 hour drive from Fractal Audio Systems (where I assume that they'd be shipped from?).

So, I would guess that if they sent it out to me in the next couple of days, I'd receive it some time next week. I won't personally know anything until I get it, obviously.

Having said that, I'd be happy to try to answer any questions once I have mine. I'm a relative MIDIot. But, I'll do my best if more info isn't available by the time I get it and read a little.

I've been using an old beat up GC (not the Pro version) while waiting for the MFC (for...about 6 months?) and it has failed me several times... once while playing live on the radio :( I always had a "backup" of my presets in the form of an A4 piece of paper. Very professional.

Recently it failed for the last time and I've been out of a foot controller since. Luckily it failed at the beginning of a break, but I couldn't wait so I ordered a controller I've been wanting for a long time, the LG. Can't wait to get it... however, today, to my big surprise, I also ordered the MFC! :shock: I was expecting to have a stab at one maybe in December given the long waiting list (that I only joined in May :?).

So, my feet are over excited right now. My wallet isn't. Am I going to sell one of those controllers? Nope :) I've got use for both.

Personally, I think the right thing to do would have been to offer the boards to the top 5 people on the wait list and give them an opportunity to buy at full price or pass. If there were 5 available, I guess I don't understand why the top 5 guys didn't just get their emails with the discount coupon. Kind of undercuts the point of a wait list..., but it's not my company so I guess who am I to say?
...and no, I'm not one of the top 5 on the list. ;)

I saw Cliffs post seconds after he posted. I put all 5 in the cart at once and thought about it for a second.

Hmm I could make a few bucks here. Then decided I would have all the people on the board hate me instead of just most of them if I did that. :mrgreen: I posted in Cliffs thread before he locked it....MFC for sale, but he deleted my post and locked the thread down which I don't blame him for.

I am just going to patiently wait and get one when my name comes up.

btw...is it the 3rd week of August yet ???

Back
Top Bottom