I recreated ritmicas petrucci MArk IIC stereo rhythm Patch

I assume you guys are referring to the row in the middle leading to filter in front of the mixer that needs to be removed?
Jorge your #3 ( ^ above) are refering to the PEQ at the end of your original chain that I bypassed here?

Scar1f1ed....same here my Recto and Mark patches have this "fizz" to them that I can't seem to lose.
My "marshally" amps sound much better with 5.01 though
and what's frustrating to me is that I have a real Mark IV right next to me and I have it dialed in to
completely nail Petruccis tone yet I can't seem to reproduce it and record it with my Axe II

Kmanick, Just a thought, have you tried creating an IR from your MK IV, that may help.

I have not. I have a Recto cab with V30's and they're are so many of these IR's already installed (plus I bought a bunch from OH) that
I didn't feel like that would be or should be the only way to get this to sound right.
Jorges Ultra patch sounds much better and closer to my real rig and he's using stock IR's.

Shotgunn posted some paramters he tweaaked that helped with his Mark Patches, I'm going to try those tonight.

SymphX's version
didn't change a thing (except killed the clean shunts going out to the end of the signal path)

Switched guitars used my Bernie Rico 7 string with BK Holy divers in it

Last edited:
time to tone match this, Im to lame to figure it out yet, kmanick?

I agree here's his original Ultra clip

that definitely sounds better to me that what I've translated to the II
I've had this "fizz" problem with a lot of my "gainy" patches and th sone isn't even really high gain
you're good with this shit you're patches sound good do some tweaking for us ;)
the Ultra version sounds more open to me and "thicker" and 'sharper"

Back
Top Bottom