I recreated ritmicas petrucci MArk IIC stereo rhythm Patch

kmanick

Fractal Fanatic
As close as could tell from his settings I exlcuded the middle line going out to the FX block

Short Clip

I'm still off a little bit but someone who is actually good at this should be able to nail it for us and post it back up:D
Patch (trying to be useful around here :) )
View attachment Ritmica Petrucci Mark Stereo Patch.syx

Screenshot of this jungle of blocks I tried to make sense out of LOL!
ritmicapetruciipatch.png

Last edited:
that sounds petrucci to me.. Am I missing something? This sounds very petrucci, the gainstructure and everything.

This is very good? What am I missing? Am I not missing anything? Well I don't see what I'm missing because this sounds very much like petrucci.

Great!
I'll try that on mine as well. I'm using a jackson SL2h-Mah soloist and it's got a somewhat surprisingly scooped smooth sound to the bridge pickup
so I didn't really notice a mid hump. Ritmica had different mics on his patch and on my system they were very bright
so I switched them to the (421's) is that what used (I'm at work can't check right now)
did you change any other settings? (the original was an Ultra patch so I tried to match it "audibly" and not visually).

No i didnt change anything else.
But i must say the patch layout is a bit strange, or maybe it's a bug in the sys file : the 2 cables coming from Cab blocks directly to output in parallel with a mixer is quite strange.
Oh i forgot, yes i changed another thing : i put the output at -3 or -4db because of output clipping.

in his original patch he has a fx block in the middle route and some more "stuff"
I don't think we actually need the mixer here without it, but I just tried to copy it as close as possuble.
Now I think we ca tweak it for the II to really "refine it" . His ultra patch sounds killer I really want to see how close we can get to it.

You have some extra signal paths compared to his Ultra preset--delete the shunts in row 3 after the first column (these are sending clean signal to the filter) and all shunts in the last 2 columns (those signals are already going to the mixer block) and the routing will be the same, minus the separate Out 2 path.

Bakerman, you´re right, he needs to delete all those shunts. I put the mixer because in this way, I can handle the stereo spectrum to my taste.

sounds real buzzy wheres that deep petrucci chug

I agree here's his original Ultra clip

that definitely sounds better to me that what I've translated to the II
I've had this "fizz" problem with a lot of my "gainy" patches and th sone isn't even really high gain
you're good with this shit you're patches sound good do some tweaking for us ;)
the Ultra version sounds more open to me and "thicker" and 'sharper"

Extra signal path there still vs. Jorge's preset--the 2nd-9th shunts in row 3 are adding unprocessed clean signal.

For what it's worth, this thread is sounding really promising. I'm genuinely excited to hear the next progression of this patch.

This "fiz" problem has plagued me since 5.0, predominantly when using the recto and mark iv models. Reducing the master to around 9 o'clock and adjusting the level accordingly seems to tighten things up, but the GEQ block (coupled with my less than pro level ears) has so far been insufficient in irradicating those pesky frequencies. Perhaps this is a job for super PEQ (and an hour set aside for endless frequency sweeping).

Good call on the shunts though Bakerman. Looking forward to giving these patches a go when I get home.

Three comments:
First; you still need more puch in that sound. I don´t know, maybe gain, or drive, or maybe master amp, but it doesn´t has enough gain. (Listen the original and you´ll realise that)
Second; You need cut row 3. You don´t need that clean sound.
And third;
The low pass filter is very important. You don´t need many frecuencies above 6000 khz. I set the last EQ up, for that reason. I anilyzed Petrucci´s sound in "Constant motion" with a spectrum analyzer, and with that, I compared it with my patch until I got same high frecuencies cut. The result was: Frec 7513, Q =.452, Gain 0.00.
P.D: I did that in a studio, with very good stuff.

I assume you guys are referring to the row in the middle leading to filter in front of the mixer that needs to be removed?
Jorge your #3 ( ^ above) are refering to the PEQ at the end of your original chain that I bypassed here?

Scar1f1ed....same here my Recto and Mark patches have this "fizz" to them that I can't seem to lose.
My "marshally" amps sound much better with 5.01 though
and what's frustrating to me is that I have a real Mark IV right next to me and I have it dialed in to
completely nail Petruccis tone yet I can't seem to reproduce it and record it with my Axe II

Back
Top Bottom