I need some help.

So I recently bought the Kemper Profiling Amp, I wanted to get the Axe but it was out of my price range the only ones I could find on eBay where for like 5 grand. But anyway, my ultimate tone search ends when I can get this tone:

I've asked on the kemper forums, and searched everywhere but their seems to be no profiles that match quite like that tone. I'm considering selling my kemper and buying a axe eventually but has he or anyone made a downloadable patch to his cliffs version?

The sound just sounds so powerful, like the sound roars everytime he picks and bends, I can't find this sound on the kemper. I also don't like how everything has to be a profile to download, like how I can't build my own presets from scratch.

If you get an Axe-Fx II, I suggest you tweak the tone yourself, not rely on tone matches etc.

BTW, the tone in the clip is way more aggressive and has more string definition than EJ has.

This is the reason why I chose AFX over KPA. I didn't want to be limited to everyone else's profiles, I wanted full control and flexibility on my own.

You will be able to get a very close sounding tone, however this does come with a small amount of work because tone is not only in the amp (and various amp tweaks/settings), but also in the cabinet, mic, guitar and style of playing. So I am very confident that you will get what you want out of the AFX, but just realise there will be a period of learning and experimentation especially as you will be a new user.

It's not a difficult learning curve, it's even easier today than it was a few years ago. When you start it up then there are plenty of good tones, but getting something very specific will require a bit of understanding and knowledge; both of which there are plenty of resources to help.

You re talking about Rick Graham ......he 's one of the best players in the world ,mostly of his tone comes out of his hands and the awesome technique he has

Back
Top Bottom