I MISS Mark Day...

I really miss Mark Day, as has been said by many including myself, he was one of the main reasons I bought an axe. Miss his patches (need some 10.06 updates) his awesome vids (I havent gotten the riff of Hungry by White Lion out of my head for 2 years and still nearly play it daily when auditioning sounds), his lessons, and his great demeanor, I MISS U MAN!

I hope all is well...I have no good or bad news about him, just a thought, no intention to scare anyone...

Alright, this really reeks of the... I drank too much tequila "I love you man" moments ;)

Sorry I haven't been around much lately.....it's great to hear that you guys miss me :) I'm actually working on 3 videos for the AxeFX.....2 with my old band from Canada. It's difficult to nail those guys down now because Roy is now the drummer on tour with April WIne.
We are in the process of doing a Journey cover and a Rush cover, I also am doing an updated Ratt cover with a few friends from here in LA.

I work 6 days a week and Sunday is my only day to get things done at home, so time is scarce. Also dealing with a separation and all the crap that comes with that plus a 3000 mile distance from her.
I got thrown under a bus, which she had no choice to do but it still sucks on my end.

Fret not, I'm happier and healthier than I've ever been. I love my job. I get to hang with some of my guitar heroes and it's such a thrill. I consider myself one of the luckiest guys on the planet and you kind guitar folks had a lot to do with my move to California. I can't thank you enough for that!!
I appreciate your support over the last few years. You have not seen the last of my silly videos! I've met a wonderful girl here too. I didn't think that would happen and I wasn't expecting it at all.

Thanks guys for all your kind words!!!

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update from a fellow Canadian who also relocated to the US (back in 2001). I also bought my AxeFX Ultra after being inspired by your demo videos. I still have it and love it to this day.

Do you still own your very cool Limelight music school? I have always wanted to check it out in person when I travel up to visit my sister in Toronto.

Really enjoyed your recent videos with Steve Stevens and Justin. Great to see someone living the dream!

Hey, just a thought but it would be great to see your current rig run-down sometime as I'm sure you have acquired some new goodies.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update from a fellow Canadian who also relocated to the US (back in 2001). I also bought my AxeFX Ultra after being inspired by your demo videos. I still have it and love it to this day.

Do you still own your very cool Limelight music school? I have always wanted to check it out in person when I travel up to visit my sister in Toronto.

Really enjoyed your recent videos with Steve Stevens and Justin. Great to see someone living the dream!

Hey, just a thought but it would be great to see your current rig run-down sometime as I'm sure you have acquired some new goodies.

The Limelight music school probably has to do with the "thrown under the bus" part...just speculating. I was also impressed with that school!

Mark, enjoy your new life and can't wait to see new material from you.

Last edited:
Limelight is still open and now owned solely by my ex-wife. At the moment I only own the debt, lol.

Mark

I know Mark from the forums, met him in person last fall at the Axe-Fest West at the Amp Show.

He's the nicest guy, totally cool and a killer player. I was surprised to see the subject of this thread because I have seen him posting a lot on Facebook, YouTube and 'behind the scenes' (he's a beta tester).

While I am glad he checked in, I'm sad to read he's been through so much turmoil on a personal level after reading the above; keep your head up Mark. You are one of the good guys.

Mark is also for me one of the reasons I bought the Ultra way back....

He really seems like a great guy and a great player, who is having a lot of fun doing what he does. Playing the guitar!

Best wishes for you , Mark.

Have a great DAY!

AAEN

Mark's Youtube vids were a significant influence for me to buy an AxeFx Standard, and one of my favorite patches I still play on the most is a slightly modified version of one the ones he kindly posted. (I do like a bit of "too much gain"....!!).

So lots of thanks to Mark for that....!!

chiming in here:
Mark's one of the reason i got sold on the axe fx as well!
i have all his axe fx youtube videos downloaded onto my ipad and watched them repeatedly until i finally got the axe fx 2!
keep on rocking, Mark!

Perhaps I was picking up on the vibes, as I was thinking this, too. I didn't think to check elsewhere, though.

Also dealing with a separation and all the crap that comes with...I got thrown under a bus, which she had no choice to do but it still sucks on my end.

I felt this was obvious when he suddenly moved to L.A. Unfortunately, it was correct.

Let this be a lesson to you young cusses. Marriage is a ridiculous and unnecessary thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom