I miss a new Axe-Fx II firmware...

belfast

Inspired
I miss a new firmware..dont know why tho, i guess ive been so used to being spoiled all the time ;-)

great summer greetings to all fractalitisers
S. Kelly

I feel you man, it was always like christmas :) Kinda like buying new gear, without buying new gear.
Don't lose hope though: New firmware might still come.
I was very sceptical for Firmware Q10 to ever come, but it did.

Thing is: If there will be any updates, i think, they will be just for amp modelling.
There hasn't been any significant Axe 3 amp modelling updates for quite a while now, so there is nothing to crumble down to Axe 2...

I'm actually okay with not getting any new firmware updates but I'd like to know if they have in-fact stopped so I can stop obsessively checking this forum several times a day :p
I think Cliff is fair enough to actually say "This is the last firmware", when it's actually the last firmware.
He was open about the firmware capacity for Mark II, for example.

I think Cliff is fair enough to actually say "This is the last firmware", when it's actually the last firmware.
He was open about the firmware capacity for Mark II, for example.

Yeah. If he just came out and said "This is the last firmware", again I'd be happy. Probably the only thing I wish we'd get would be the Boss OC-2 algorithm to be brought back for the Octave Divider. You could call that algorithm Classic and the new one could be called Modern. I don't count on it happening, but a boy can dream...

I don’t miss the constant updates that make the same amp suddenly sound different with each firmware. While I use my real amp now more than ever or my Kemper in the FX loop, it is nice to not be constantly updating and tweaking with each new “revelation”. Will buy a III at a discount when the IV is released!

Im soooooo done and happy with no more fw. Yes it was sorta cool while it lasted, I would get so used to my sound then have to tweak like crazy to get it back. I actually rolled back the very last one and am done. Im not so sure all the FW did so much other than make me tweak to find my sound on previous fw. At some point there is only so much a brain can handle, bass, treble etc.

I don’t miss the constant updates that make the same amp suddenly sound different with each firmware. While I use my real amp now more than ever or my Kemper in the FX loop, it is nice to not be constantly updating and tweaking with each new “revelation”. !

I agree. I don't miss the updates and the constant retweaking. I wouldn't mind if there were no more updates. Only thing I am interested in is effects updates and improvements anyway. I am hoping for the tri chorus update. That might be the last thing for the Axe II.

Don't think there will be much more updates coming and I think Cliff will lay the Axe fx II to rest soon since all attention is on the III anyway.

I was perfectly happy each time before a new upgrade came along. So for me there doesn't need to be any. Except more FX. Gotta have more FX. You can never have enough FX. :D

Dont need any more modelling updates personally 10.1 is glorious.
Wouldn’t be too sad if there was never another update but it would be nice if Cliff and crew had a workflow going that would allow any new amps and effect they model to easily be added in under the current algorithm.

I would not be shocked if updates for the II series will continue to trickle in as long as the AX8 is the current floor unit. I suspect they share a code base or that FAS have a methodology to port from one to the other from when the II was the only rack unit.

Didn't Cliff wrote somewhere that he found a bug which might be(!) responsible for issues with the USB communication which some people report? And that he will fix it for the III and the IIs? Then I guess we will at least see one new firmware for the IIs.

Ah ok. Maybe slightly diff to my problem with the III. Mine was fixed today by updating Mac OS and Logic

Back
Top Bottom