I May Have Lost My Marbles Completely!! (Dual FM3 Content)

I may. I hope not. have yet to find one that doesn't suck tone and invite ground loop hum and noise.

I helped a buddy setup a wet/dry Fender/Vox dual amp rig and we ended up using a stereo
delay that had a direct out to one amp and the effected signal to the other. Livewire, Morley,
and Radial boxes all sucked balls. A really ear-opening experience. :)

May not be as much of an issue if a splitter is used prior to any amps, effects, or modelers. We'll see, I guess. :)
If all else fails, try the Lehle splitter. I had a good experience back when I ran a JCM800 and AC30 simultaneously.

Cool! Been lucky enough to NOT have any issues with loop, hum, or phasing. :)

That dual amp combo is one I am eager to try.
I always thought of the Ziplock commercial of "yellow and blue make green" when they ran simultaneously. The JCM800 was a 212 combo that the AC30 stacked perfectly on top of. Nice little micro stack in a room, but anyone in the front row got blasted with the JCM800. Bouncing off the wall, the sound was full and glorious though. Image you won't have the same localized effect issue with the FM3.

Last edited:
I always thought of the Ziplock commercial of "yellow and blue make green" when they ran simultaneously. The JCM800 was a 212 combo that the AC30 stacked perfectly on top of. Nice little micro stack in a room, but anyone in the front row got blasted with the JCM800. Bouncing off the wall, the sound was full and glorious though. Image you won't have the same localized effect issue with the FM3.

Cool! I believe Dean Deleo from STP has run a similar setup live for a long time. That Demeter
preamp he uses is in the Marshall camp, so I think it qualifies.

I love blending amps! :)

Christmas was never this good, haha!

Haha! I think you are right. I did get a guitar when I was 8, though. :)

Albeit a crappy 1970s era acoustic that had such bad action that it made
my fingers bleed and tears roll from my eyes. It turned mostly into a bouncing
on the bed jammer. ;)

Yeah, but still... a guitar at 8, for Christmas. Too cool!

Haha! I got my share of home sewn pajamas and .... errr.... handmade "jeans," too. :)

The guitar was shi-ite! Unplayable for an adult let alone a kid with boy hands.
And the what looked like an 80 year old teacher with Mel Bay books. I was done
after a couple of lessons and didn't really pick it up again until I was 16 and traded
a dime bag for my friend's brother's Kay SG with a broken neck. I couldn't tune it
up properly since the tension would pull the headstock towards the body. The flatter
it would go the higher you would tune it. :)

I finally tried the Mesa 50/50 stereo power amp with the dual FM3 setup last night.

YUK!

Introduced way too much power amp clipping. Not a good fit with the Fractal. Gonna
try some new 6L6s in it before moving on completely.

I finally tried the Mesa 50/50 stereo power amp with the dual FM3 setup last night.

YUK!

Introduced way too much power amp clipping. Not a good fit with the Fractal. Gonna
try some new 6L6s in it before moving on completely.
Sounded a bit funky huh? I've never used the Mesa 50/50...is it not transparent and color the sound? Those are worth around $800 used...should be able to get a decent transparent solid state for that.

Sounded a bit funky huh? I've never used the Mesa 50/50...is it not transparent and color the sound? Those are worth around $800 used...should be able to get a decent transparent solid state for that.

Nope. Not transparent, at all. Seemed to introduce some additional clipping. Not good.

I have yet to check the power tubes on it. I haven't used it extensively in a decade or more,
so I am sure it is due.

Oh, and if I hang onto it for another decade or two it should be worth $1800, no??? ;)

Back
Top Bottom