I May Have Lost My Marbles Completely!! (Dual FM3 Content)

la szum

Axe-Master

I just paid for a second FM3. Why? Lunacy? Fanaticism? Old age?? :)

My goal is to run both units simultaneously and experiment with blending different amps ala
Adam Jones, Matt Bellamy. etc. I already have a multi-amp wet/dry setup that I have been using for
several years now and want to try and recreate some of that Mojo with 2 FM3s.

Can I do this? Will it be epic? Or will it be an epic fail?? :)

My goal is to run both units simultaneously and experiment with blending different amps ala
Adam Jones, Matt Bellamy. etc. I already have a multi-amp wet/dry setup that I have been using for

No crazier than owning an AxeFX III and an FM3 (which many people do including myself). Bonus: It's way cheaper than running two actual tube amps.

Haha! True. :)

I was contemplating upgrading to the III so I could replicate my dual-amp wet/dry setup.

Regardless of outcome this should be a LOOT of fun. :)

No crazier than owning an AxeFX III and an FM3 (which many people do including myself). Bonus: It's way cheaper than running two actual tube amps.
Ditto. I have both. I use them separately as different rigs for local / tour shows, but once in a while, you really gotta run all that firepower at the same time :)

Worst case? You’ll always have a backup!
Thanks
Pauly

You're gonna really piss off your other guitar player now!

That's awesome! This possibility was previously discussed. It came up along the lines of could you run one in the effects loop of the other (or maybe daisy chain them) instead of lugging around an Axe-III? Let us know how it works!

Love the idea of daisy chaining 2 units but ideally this would involve a master/slave arrangement where only one editor recognized both units and treated them as one, and signal path between them was entirely in the digital domain (needs coax input).

My FM3 arrives tomorrow, on my birthday. That was not planned, but woohooo :D

And I guess Im crazy too, because I have my FX3 on my desk as well. I just wanted a second unit for a different setup…

From the beginning I wondered if it could be possible to communicate between 2 FM3's
I assume that the only control ability would be via midi without a 3rd party controller

it will be very interesting to find how you combine the 2 devices and control them
waiting with baited breathe

G \../

I think I'm in love with this idea... Although, I figure, at that point, I might as well start gigging with my Axe Fx III again. I got the FM3 to have less to carry around lol! But I love the idea of running two FM3s in parallel. Do you plan to split the guitar signal before it hits the units?

Back
Top Bottom