I made a Vintage 30 IR shootout video with 12 cabs from various IR vendors

james...

Experienced
I hope this is useful to you guys.

I have a lot of IR's. It's an addiction. Besides the ones included in the AXE-FX III I have a lot of Ownhammer and Celestion IR's. I also have a lot from the Fractal store.

I decided to use the AXE III to make a reamped IR shootout. I think you'll agree that the result is fair. It took me hours.

I think the takeaway here is that they all sound good, and fairly similar, but there are some subtle, and some major differences between all of them.

Last edited:
“Video unavailable
This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.”

Darn....would have liked to see this. Thanks for trying.

GREAT IDEA. I should use the looper to go thru some of the 1000s of cabs that are already inside the unit.

Wow, good shootout! Thank you.

I like the OH Mesa semi open back 2x12 the most. It's more raw in the lows which I like and it's a bit stiff in the mids which makes it cut in the mix. To me that's why people like the V30s. And that IR nails it.
From which OH pack is it?

I hope this is useful to you guys.

I have a lot of IR's. It's an addiction. Besides the ones included in the AXE-FX III I have a lot of Ownhammer and Celestion IR's. I also have a lot from the Fractal store.

I decided to use the AXE III to make a reamped IR shootout. I think you'll agree that the result is fair. It took me hours.

I think the takeaway here is that they all sound good, and fairly similar, but there are some subtle, and some major differences between all of them.

Hi James
Hey thanks for posting the shoot out very cool.
Great comparison... Awesome job with the video :D

Back
Top Bottom