I love this Marsha Hairy Brown Eye Sim VIDEO

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
Here are some much lower gain settings mixed with high gain stuff using one preset based on the Marsha HBE amp sim in the AxeFx. This is a very cool amp sim, thanks Dave Friedman and Cliff!
Of course I'm using my Suhr Modern with AHB 3/AHB 1.

Mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQhVWDEWwYc&fmt=22

Preset here:
Global EQ 1: 63hz=OFF, 125hz=+0.4, 250hz=-2.7, 500hz=-3.7 all others flat.

[attachment=0:1bees0z8]Mark Day HBE YT.syx[/attachment:1bees0z8]

Attachments

• Mark Day HBE YT.syx
    2 KB · Views: 220
Q: Can you get more gain?

A: NO.

:mrgreen:

Sounds frickin killer as usual. I love that amp, but I got so busy just playing that I never finished dialing in any HBE presets.

Sounds really great Mark, I have to admit, this is one of my preferred amps in the AxeFX collection - I have gotten some nice tones out of this for sure.... what were you using for a monitor?

VirgilGuitar said:
Sounds really great Mark, I have to admit, this is one of my preferred amps in the AxeFX collection - I have gotten some nice tones out of this for sure.... what were you using for a monitor?

For this clip I used some horrible NEC PC speakers hooked up to my Apogee Duet. I normally use a set of Behringer Truths for DAW...they actually sound really good :)
Live I use different things depending on the venue, sometimes two Mesa 4x12"s or two Randall 2x12"s with two Atomic Wedges. The cabs are powered by an ART SLA2.

Mark

Mark Day said:
VirgilGuitar said:

For this clip I used some horrible NEC PC speakers hooked up to my Apogee Duet. I normally use a set of Behringer Truths for DAW...they actually sound really good :)
Live I use different things depending on the venue, sometimes two Mesa 4x12"s or two Randall 2x12"s with two Atomic Wedges. The cabs are powered by an ART SLA2.

Mark
Very cool. Right now, I'm just using the AxeFX Ultra for recording, so I have just heard this only through 2 powered Alesis monitors. Maybe after the CD is done and I'm not too old, I may go on stage again and will look at getting the Atomic powered wedge. Always enjoy your vids on YT - nice Suhr guitar and great chops too bro!

hey mark nice to see you doing something different then the uber, just wondering are you still using global eq settings when going direct?

Thanks y'all!! Global settings are in the original post along with the preset.

Mark

Instant hair-raising brown sound! Btw, can anyone explain to me what's the use of having 3 signal chain towards the output? Like in the patch.

shinodax said:
Instant hair-raising brown sound! Btw, can anyone explain to me what's the use of having 3 signal chain towards the output? Like in the patch.

Old habit of running things in parallel....the soundman in me..lol

Mark

Mark Day said:
shinodax said:

Old habit of running things in parallel....the soundman in me..lol

Mark

haha. ic ic. cool. I tried running in parallel but volume starts to screw up 1st. lol. I've been running series along. :lol:

mniel8195 said:
hey mark nice to see you doing something different then the uber, just wondering are you still using global eq settings when going direct?

I find myself doing more playing than tweaking with the AxeFx...although you'd never be able to tell from my playing :)

Mark

Thanks for sharing this. Great tone out of this. I played through the patch this morning and my wife came in and asked if I had gotten a new amp. I'm like 'kinda!' :lol:

Back
Top Bottom