I lost the love of my life, my muse and inspiration and sens of living on 10th of August

A friend of mine recently lost her husband to cancer. She did everything for him for five years, and passed at home surrounded by loved ones and at peace. The problem is now, is taking care of him was her life, and she has no idea what to do with herself now. I think she's constantly thinking there is something she should be doing for him, but she needs to be taking care of herself. It's been three months now, and she's still in caregiver mode. She's not even all that comfortable leaving the house, because she feels like she needs to be there. I guess it's hard to let that feeling go.

I just say this because I hope you can find a way to take care of yourself. It probably won't be overnight, but if someone calls you to hang out, try and go. Spend time with others when you can, and if you need quiet time take it. I'm very sorry for your loss.
Thanks for the words.
I've ordered tickets for a show on 3rd of December of a former co-musician of me with his actual project doing Megadeth covers.
So I got a reason to spend time with others outside the house or village and my daughter and her husband coming with me and ordered the tickets too.
Even going to work will not be a distraction because my wife had a time a few years ago when she worked at same company and I saw her at work every day.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Yesterday I was moved close to tears when a woman in the building I live in was wheeled out by paramedics. She was groaning and moaning in pain, it was awful ... really sobering. She sounded like a dying person, and it reminded myself of how fragile we all are. My mother died from cancer 4 years ago, I'm still dealing with it.

Thanks for the words.
I've ordered tickets for a show on 3rd of December of a former co-musician of me with his actual project doing Megadeth covers.
So I got a reason to spend time with others outside the house or village and my daughter and her husband coming with me and ordered the tickets too.
Even going to work will not be a distraction because my wife had a time a few years ago when she worked at same company and I saw her at work every day.
You go, brother.

So sorry. I can understand what you are going through as I have had a similar experience. It’s so hard. Music does help. Take care—thinking of you with great respect.

Done my first rehearsal yesterday now after passing of my wife.
It was good or ok but there were moments I had to deal with.
When I arrived at rehearsal room 40 minutes away from home, I've always texted her that am there and now switchting to flight mode (becasue of amps).
She always told me to drive carefully and to have fun.
After practicing with the guys I've texted her that we were done and I'm on my way home.
And in our break I've checked if she may has sent me something, especially at the time of her illness.
To take care if everything is alright or to drive home immediately if not.

Now it is strange to do this not anymore and theese were the moments I was confused for a minute and had to get myself back to the actual situation.
That is something I have to get used to.

When I arrived at rehearsal room 40 minutes away from home, I've always texted her that am there and now switchting to flight mode (becasue of amps).
After practicing with the guys I've texted her that we were done and I'm on my way home.
And in our break I've checked if she may has sent me something, especially at the time of her illness.

Now it is strange to do this not anymore and theese were the moments I was confused for a minute and had to get myself back to the actual situation.
I'm glad to hear you're still playing music, though it is weird to get these thoughts suddenly, then remember.

I'm glad to hear you're making music. Hopefully that helps you as you move forward.

Out in the world! Good! Occasional weirdness? So it goes.

Drive carefully, brother. And as your beloved says, have fun. Don’t forget that part.

It’s those little things that will stop you in your tracks. Keep on looking up and play and find strength in your music.

Back
Top Bottom