I Just Purchased Cooper Carter's Axe Fx III Class

@Cooper Carter

For those of us who already have purchased the master class, will that be a free update of the course or will you release it as a sepparate course and we will need to re-purchase?

Thanks
I’m pretty sure @Cooper Carter said as soon as the full version of Fw 22.00 with the Dana cabs was out that he would be putting out the updated version of his Master Class. I just don’t remember where I read it.

Hopping on the bandwagon here, I got the class and even just going through the first module, there are things that I likely would have never gotten around to figuring out on my own. At best, it would have been through hours of tinkering and honestly months if not years down the road. It's forcing me (or allowing me) to learn how to get the most out of this device rather than just punching up a preset, playing it, and settling for whatever came out of the speakers. So for that it's worth the money to me, and makes owning an Axe FX actually seem like a worthwhile investment, not to mention making crafting my own setups and sounds actually informed and more enjoyable, not just scattershot and filled with a lot of uninformed guesswork.

I've decided to do this. I have three weeks off, so timing is perfect. I use an FM9 90% of the time but also have an AxeFXIII. I'm thinking I should just get the AxeFXIII masterclass, understanding some things won't apply to the FM9, rather than buying the FM9 course and not getting some info for the AxeFX. I just can't spend $210 for both...

QUESTION for users (especially those with both AF3 and FM9: Does the above make sense?

I've decided to do this. I have three weeks off, so timing is perfect. I use an FM9 90% of the time but also have an AxeFXIII. I'm thinking I should just get the AxeFXIII masterclass, understanding some things won't apply to the FM9, rather than buying the FM9 course and not getting some info for the AxeFX. I just can't spend $210 for both...

QUESTION for users (especially those with both AF3 and FM9: Does the above make sense?

I would recommend the FM9 class, actually.
You will be more than ready for the III, but since you're primarily using the 9, you'll get the key specifics you need more often.

You will be more than ready for the III, but since you're primarily using the 9, you'll get the key specifics you need more often.
OK thanks. Makes sense, and maybe I'll get the Axe3 class down the road. Honestly, I'm so happy with the FM9--so perfect for a weekend warrior cover band thing--I'm not sure the Axe3 will ever leave my house again!

I have the III class for my III, I also have the FM9 - would I benefit from that class as well? Any discounts for the FM9 class if I have the III class?

I have the III class for my III, I also have the FM9 - would I benefit from that class as well? Any discounts for the FM9 class if I have the III class?
PM me your email address. There is a $30 discount for existing members of any class to purchase another.

Another happy camper. I've been using FAS products (FX8, AX8, AxeIII, and FM9) for about 10 years now. Along the way, via this forum and a lot of youtube videos, I've learned a lot...this class showed me that, but also helped me realize a lot of stuff that either I didn't know existed, haven't needed yet, was doing inefficiently or just didn't know how to do.

After looking back at my notes (I've almost finished the class), there's no question that it's been worth it. In terms of my current presets, I've added some "polish" that makes them work and sound better, but its also inspired me to create some sounds I probably never would have found. In terms of creating new presets, not only did this give me some new ideas, but it has really helped me to find things and build them MUCH faster. The timing is perfect too...the band I've been playing with for 15 years is ending, and I'm starting a new project that involves some very different guitar sounds. I worried that taking this time to learn more about the FM9 (and AxeIII), would take away from learning these new songs and building a rig for the new band. Instead its going to help that process end up with better results.

As others have said, the course is laid out really well and @Cooper Carter conveys it clearly. Well done!

I have a request I would like to make, just not sure if the platform you use supports it. It would be nice if you could add the release date to each lesson segment. That way your subscribers could know at a glance if an update had been posted and they NEED to watch it.

Something on Netflix would be awesome too! I would super binge watch that!!!

Last edited:
It is a must for those that care about learning the most and fast. Very easy to digest and Cooper bullets all sections for ease of navigating where you want to learn, quickly.

Back
Top Bottom