I Just Purchased Cooper Carter's Axe Fx III Class

+1 on this. A better understanding has led to better and more productive experimentation on my part. Cooper's a really good teacher.
For me, And the way my brain is wired, I learn better when I see it, rather when I read it. Maybe I’ve some form of dyslexia or something, so everything arranged on video for me works so much better. The Cooper Carter videos (for me) are brilliant.

I actually need to revisit this course. I bought it last year and really enjoyed it.

Do you know witch firmware is covered with this course?

Does the course have updates?
Yes the course is updated. I think its Cygnus for most of the course. But there is nothing that relies on a specific FW.

I actually need to revisit this course. I bought it last year and really enjoyed it.

Yes the course is updated. I think its Cygnus for most of the course. But there is nothing that relies on a specific FW.

Once FW 22 is out of beta and officially released, I'll be issuing an "Axe-Fx III in 2023" update that covers DynaCab and other new features.

I highly recommend coopers lessons. And I did learn to start from the beginning as it lays down the foundation for the rest of the course. you will learn this in the first few chapters as ..like me, I went ahead and tried to figure it out on my own. didn't work.. lol
If you can afford the fractal units you can get his class. thanks cooper for your hard work ..oh and your presets that come with the class are kick ass..
oh I just saw your coming out with a 2023 update. Can't thank you enough!!!!

Once FW 22 is out of beta and officially released, I'll be issuing an "Axe-Fx III in 2023" update that covers DynaCab and other new features.
That’s fantastic. Can’t wait to run through that update. Your courses are fantastic. Thanks for all the great work.

Rod

Money well spent. I need to go back through it again. I hardly play my EBMM w/ piezo anymore and I need to tone match it before I sell it.

I went through a good chunk of it to get jump started with my AXE FX III. Well worth it! I will visit it again after the Dyna Cabs updates are added - thanks, Cooper!

While I don't have a firm grasp of exactly what-all I'll learn, I have no doubt it will be money well-spent. I believe it's 13 hours of course material for $120, so it's a pretty easy decision, since I'm positive that spending $10/hr. to have someone as knowledgeable as he is, teach how to get the most out of the AF3, it's a great use of the money vs. time, for me.

One of the main things I'm hoping for is that I'll learn what sort of FRFR monitoring setup will be right for me, since I'm just about ready to fully embrace all the modelling capabilities, as opposed to only using it for the killer effects (the main reason I bought it.)

My plan is to keep this thread updated with an overview of what I learn, (without, of course, violating in any way all of his hard work) with the hope that that info will help others in deciding whether they'd also like to purchase the course. I don't think (at this point, but who knows?) I'll deal with all the topics he covers however (e.g., I don't record, so a topic like re-amping may not end up part of my focus), but I'll try to absorb as much as possible, and let you know how it turns out.

Stay tuned...:guitar::pager::speaker::speakerone::speakerthree:🎼🎛️
I bought it and it's money well spent.

Does it explains the advanced parameters too?

I feel I know a little more now (I’m on fm3) but that’s a lot of here and there infos and I want a clear course of what the things are and what they do exactly.

The manual is my everyday friend but sometimes I feel a little bit overwhelmed and I’m sure I tweak some counter productive things. Like way to much of a control instead of minor tweaks to multiple controls.

Thanks

I encourage you to stay committed to absorbing as much as possible and sharing your progress. Good luck with your learning journey, and I hope you find the course to be valuable and rewarding!
I appreciate that! I got far enough in the course where it gave me what I wanted, and the sounds I get out of my Axe are so inspiring for me to play, that I just never went back and finished the course, or my intentions for this thread. :blush:

I've considered taking the course but am unsure how much I'd get out of it as I feel fairly well versed in the features and how they work after working with Axefx since 2009 (maybe I know less than I think tho lol!). The one area I anticipate maybe getting some good value are in the "dialing in" techniques for various tones (ie clean, eob ...) as this is still a weak spot for me, as opposed to the more technical stuff. Anywho - would be interested to hear from any long time users who took the course and whether or not they feel it added value to their existing past experience.

Hi guys as I got a late start with modeling I started in 2018 then we went through a hurricane. I was able to tinker with The Axe Fx iii a little and it wasn’t until last year I dove into it.
Other circumstances got in my way but I realized it had so much more potential then I new from follow along with everyone.
@Cooper Carter starts out with a Template to start out with and save for building presets and I hope I’m saying this right which is very helpful.
Then he takes you through effects and how to build clean to mean sounds and he shows you how to save things as you go for easy recall. And their are so many different parameters an settings and things to use that I would never have figured out on my own.

I love the rigs and routing for real world sound. I use a solid State amp and learned so much on using a guitar amp as I still do and the settings on getting that sweet spot sound out of your speakers which is amazing. And That’s another thing I would have never learned if not for CC‘s Master Class
I also run to Foh and CC covers all of this for real world use and for use in your bedroom And for FRFR.

Im still learning what this amazing black box can do and will always be a student of CC. So this is just scratching the surface of CC’s class and I have skipped so much in this class. All I can say is unless you know exactly what everything does this class will take you to another level
I have always been an Amp a Rack mount gear and pedal guy so this modeling is new to me but with the help of CC and this great Community I am a total fan.

Hope this helps I’d say more but I don’t want to say the wrong things as I am a learning student. In time I will be more knowledgeable about these subjects and be able to speak more on the parameters that I am still learning about.

Best Regards
Fred

I've considered taking the course but am unsure how much I'd get out of it as I feel fairly well versed in the features and how they work after working with Axefx since 2009 (maybe I know less than I think tho lol!). The one area I anticipate maybe getting some good value are in the "dialing in" techniques for various tones (ie clean, eob ...) as this is still a weak spot for me, as opposed to the more technical stuff. Anywho - would be interested to hear from any long time users who took the course and whether or not they feel it added value to their existing past experience.

I was in the same spot as you. I had the Standard, Axe II, AX8, FM3 and now FM9. I know how to figure stuff out that I need (switching, etc.) on my own but have very little experience with real world amps and dialing in tones. I was basically a "set it and forget it" guy, both with amps and with presets I found that I liked.

A few weeks ago I finally decided to treat myself and got the FM9 class. Like you, I wasn't sure there would be enough new stuff in there for me after all these years of using Fractal to make it worth the cost. I am about 1/3 of the way through it and am already satisfied that it was money well spent. There are 4 sections on dialing in tones which were very useful for me. I actually used a couple of presets that came out of those lessons (with my own tweaking for my needs and gear) at my last gig.

The course is chock full of useful tips of all kinds so far. And there's a lot of value for me to see the process of someone who knows what he's doing dialing in presets, working with FM9 Edit, etc. And given the complexity and options available in all Fractal stuff, there is equal value in seeing what you don't need to do or pay attention to.

Plus, it's just fun to watch a section of the course and then experiment with whatever the topic of the section was. I find I learn the most and gain the most confidence when I'm being an active student instead of just passively watching. And like I said, it's fun.

My 2 cents.

@Cooper Carter

For those of us who already have purchased the master class, will that be a free update of the course or will you release it as a sepparate course and we will need to re-purchase?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom