I don't know where else to put this: great, large gig this week

selta

Power User
My main band played with Sonata Artica, Leaves Eyes and Omnium Gatherum on Tuesday night. Omnium was also running two Axe-Fx II's + MFCs, which was cool to run into. We talked gear, but had a little bit of language barrier to try and overcome. Hey, at least we don't have to worry about words when music is there.

We (Convergence) run two AX8s (guitar, violin) + Axe-Fx II/MFC (bass - me). You all know the benefits of these things, so I'm not going to go into it. Every show we play like this, we're all so happy with how we sound. Above all, the consistency is probably the best part.

Here's a photo from the show. The house has a capacity of 807, and it was dang close to full. If I had to guess, at least 650. People couldn't even really walk around to get to the merch booths - this place is split into two "halves" - the other half you can't see in frame, and it was just as full.

15193528_1823402247945689_831711398139976520_n.jpg

We normally play direct support for the tour, so one or two local bands are usually before us. Surprisingly, especially for a Tuesday, the house was most of the way full even for those guys. I was happy to see that.. a lot of times the first band or two only have who they brought and not much more.

Super happy me is super happy. We only have one more gig on the books for this year, which, whew, is good. We've been so busy lately. Hopefully going to find time in mid/late december to start tracking for an EP.

Thanks guys.
Yeah, the crowd was very much into our set. It helps that our music is very much in line with both of those bands, so the crowd was more inclined to like us too. It was a great show... but I'm happy to be on a little bit of a break.

Back
Top Bottom