I DID IT!!!

I don't know what 4chan is and don't really care enough to google it.
4chan is basicly reddit's evil brother.

Just wanted to say how very altruistic that was of you to put the skids on your laugh... You're clearly better at being a human than the rest of the planet, as usual.
Ehh... whatever.

She might've gotten death threats over it, or maybe that's a bullshit spin to the story to turn her from laughing stock to victim. Either way, she was a willful participant, and again, don't care.
Possible. Not denying that it was a clever marketing scheme. But underage is underage. I wouldn't give a damn if she wasn't, but you can't deny that at the age of 14, you probably haven't accumulated enough maturity and responsibility to deal with an internet shitstorm.

The condescending elitism is strong in this thread.

I'll never bash anyone over their musical endeavors.

Gear bashing is one thing, but demeaning someone for pursuing their love of music is just douchebaggery. None of us popped out of the womb a virtuoso.

Last edited:
The condescending elitism is strong in this thread.

I'll never bash anyone over their musical endeavors.

Gear bashing is one thing, but demeaning someone for pursuing their love of music is just douchebaggery. None of us popped out of the womb a virtuoso.
No, none of us were born a virtuoso, but a few of us have probably taken the time to, I dunno, achieve the minimal necessary proficiency with our instruments needed to not embarrass ourselves, or maybe grasp the slightest bit of theory needed to understand why a key sig is important BEFORE making videos of ourselves and posting it to the internet.

...and therein lies the silicon rule: don't post shit online if you can't deal with criticism.

No, none of us were born a virtuoso, but a few of us have probably taken the time to, I dunno, achieve the minimal necessary proficiency with our instruments needed to not embarrass ourselves, or maybe grasp the slightest bit of theory needed to understand why a key sig is important BEFORE making videos of ourselves and posting it to the internet.

...and therein lies the silicon rule: don't post shit online if you can't deal with criticism.

Who says she's embarrassed? She's probably very proud of her accomplishments. You don't have to like it. I applaud anyone for putting themselves out there.

Yes, more elitist douchebaggery.

...and people wonder why no one respects local live music anymore. Maybe it's because the quality of the product on average has gone to shit.

Maybe she's not embarrassed. Maybe she should be. Maybe I don't have to like it (and I don't), but I can say as much if I damn well please exactly BECAUSE she put herself out there.

I'm all for people going after what they love, especially if it's music. But if the passion is real, then they can get the same pleasure out of making racket like this behind the privacy of closed doors. Reverbnation ain't closed doors.

Elitist douchebaggery... eat me.

So in your mind all hobbyists are the devil. Got it.

I use to make a living in music. Gave it up in the early 90's when the live music scene started its decline here in Dallas. If you were here around then, you know that all too well. If you survived those days, more power to ya. If you're still making a living doing what you love, much respect. You're more tenacious than I am.

That said, today I'm a hobbyist. I'm not a master of my craft by any means, but good enough to "put myself out there" and not really worry about holding my own. On top of that, if someone doesn't like what I do, I'm old/wise/thick skinned enough to not let it bother me. But to bash and berate someone for giving it a try, loving what they do, sucking at it (and being ok with it), that just makes you an ass. No one made you watch or listen did they? Didn't think so.

If the shoe fits....

So in your mind all hobbyists are the devil. Got it.

I use to make a living in music. Gave it up in the early 90's when the live music scene started its decline here in Dallas. If you were here around then, you know that all too well. If you survived those days, more power to ya. If you're still making a living doing what you love, much respect. You're more tenacious than I am.

That said, today I'm a hobbyist. I'm not a master of my craft by any means, but good enough to "put myself out there" and not really worry about holding my own. On top of that, if someone doesn't like what I do, I'm old/wise/thick skinned enough to not let it bother me. But to bash and berate someone for giving it a try, loving what they do, sucking at it (and being ok with it), that just makes you an ass. No one made you watch or listen did they? Didn't think so.

If the shoe fits....

Now you're just putting words in my mouth.

Hobbyists aren't the devil. They're hobbyists. Some are pretty damn good at what they do, and others are like Mrs. Mysty Anne here.

I've checked out your stuff, and to put yourself in the same boat as her is just plain asinine. Saying otherwise is like comparing Cliff's work to a basic $.99 calculator. Like you, I'm a hobbyist who has on occasion put myself "out there." Not often mind you, due to work and other responsibilities, but as often as possible. I'm no guitar god, but I've put in enough hours of wood shedding over the years to not have any worries when I take a stage. I've collaborated with enough musicians to know how to take criticism and learn from it to make myself better. I might get laughed off by a real pro, but I know that I can walk into a room of big-market local-gigging-quality musicians and know that I belong. I have earned that. Call it "elitist douchebaggery," Mysty isn't up to snuff with me. Or you.

...and that's fine. But it's also "out there." Making it public was a choice. No, no one tied me to a chair and put headphones on me with her crap blaring (thank god), but I heard it all the same. I found it comically bad and felt like sharing the laugh. It's a justified laugh, because releasing something like this isn't the same thing as some kid just learning how to play posting a cover of Smoke on the Water to YouTube in search of critical feedback. This was an attempt to be taken seriously - as evident by the studio cats laying down the instrumental work (no one works for free) - and that makes it an insult to those of us who have put in time and effort toward this craft, hobbyist or not. If Mysty Anne has a problem with my chuckles, she's free to pull her music off whatever sites they may be on, or she can get over it. I don't really give a shit either way. Same goes for you and your snuggle buddy Zwieb.

BTW, I'm not an ass. I'm a dick. There's a difference.

BTW, I'm not an ass. I'm a dick. There's a difference.
As long as we're clear on that point, then we're good. :lol

I'm an ass. My wife tells me so every few days. (not kidding)

All I'm saying is...so what if she's not as accomplished as someone else? We all started somewhere. I can dig up some old recordings I was proud of at the time, but would be embarrassed to post today. Even videos where I had long bleach blonde hair and spider web eye liner, a la Robin Crosby. Those will never see the light of day again, I can assure you.

I was proud of my accomplishments at the time, just like little Ms Anne probably is of her contributions to music. Is it at the same level of yours? No, but come on. She's trying at least. We should encourage people to engage in the arts. With school districts cutting budgets for nearly all arts programs it will likely be up to the music community ourselves to foster our art and take up and comers under our wings. They can earn the thick skin as they go, but let's not be too critical of those who want to love music as much as we do.

Oh yeh...dick! :lol

As long as we're clear on that point, then we're good. :lol

I'm an ass. My wife tells me so every few days. (not kidding)

All I'm saying is...so what if she's not as accomplished as someone else? We all started somewhere. I can dig up some old recordings I was proud of at the time, but would be embarrassed to post today. Even videos where I had long bleach blonde hair and spider web eye liner, a la Robin Crosby. Those will never see the light of day again, I can assure you.

I was proud of my accomplishments at the time, just like little Ms Anne probably is of her contributions to music. Is it at the same level of yours? No, but come on. She's trying at least. We should encourage people to engage in the arts. With school districts cutting budgets for nearly all arts programs it will likely be up to the music community ourselves to foster our art and take up and comers under our wings. They can earn the thick skin as they go, but let's not be too critical of those who want to love music as much as we do.

Oh yeh...dick! :lol

LOL, my wife says I'm a dick every few days. That must be the best metric.

Sure, that's all fine, but I look at MA and see someone who was probably alive and kicking back in the days of decent school music programs, and who *should* be old enough to know the difference between good and bad performances. I just cannot fathom anyone going into a studio, paying for recording time, paying for the backing band, paying for the mix, then listening to THAT finished product and being satisfied.

We've all got stuff that sucks, sure. I've got some old recordings floating around somewhere that sound like they were mixed by a guy that could barely arm a track... and they were... and that guy was me. But they were made to remember what & how I was playing, and aside from a few bucks in gear (at the time, it was literally just a few bucks) I DIY'd it for free. They weren't made to be this thing I was proud of at the time. They were made to be revisited, which rarely happened, but still.

I look at this the same way I judge all music. If this is being played when I walk into a bar, do I stay?

I look at this the same way I judge all music. If this is being played when I walk into a bar, do I stay?
Same here, with a caveat. *Depends on type of bar and the occasion. If it's an open mic night for beginners, yep...I'm sticking around to cheer them on. Granted, I would likely know before walking in what I was in for.

If a regular joint where I'd expect seasoned professionals (or at least someone who HAS done the whole wood shedding thing), I'm with you. I'd probably bail (and go find the open mic night for beginners). :)

We see each others point, so it's all good.

hehe
Elitist douchebaggery

I like it, could be my new bandname :)

Don't feed my troll inside, but i kinda like this thread.

If i could choose what is my most hated "pro" song, it would be something from the 80s.
Pls don't click it, after eaten dinner or lunch or whatever....
https://youtu.be/pATX-lV0VFk

I just happened to stumble on this posting and just had register so I could respond. I think these negative comments are BS!
Are any of you any better? I doubt it and this is a professional site? There are plenty of artists out there that have NO vocal abilities what so ever and look at who they are. You guys ARE NOT PROFESSIONALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Name one this bad.

I am a professional musician my self I don't believe in bashing others, if I hear music or a singer that I may not like I just move on. I would NEVER post negative comments on a public forum about them that's just cruel and just because that maybe some kind of internet rule regarding posting doesn't mean that a person has to follow it. And what is your name by the way?
I would NEVER do business with you.
And herein lies the problem with art as a business: the contradictory nature of supplying a product people actually want versus everyone attempting to make that product being a unique and delicate little flower.

I couldn't give two shits what you do or who you think you are, Mr. Self-proclaimed-internet-big-shot. I'm doing just fine in my line of work without you.

You guys ARE NOT PROFESSIONALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You had to register to post your negativity to a thread that was made over a month ago? Are you empathetically perusing guitar gear forums to help create a sensitivity awareness campaign?

If you don't have an Axe-FX or are not looking to purchase one and add value to the Fractal community, then you my friend have very little business being here. If you're searching for sympathy here, I am sorry to disappoint you but you will not find the droids you were looking for. In all fairness you are not familiar with anyone on here and some members are professional musicians. Your post is inaccurate, arbitrary and untrue.

Good luck in your campaign core-de-artsy.

Back
Top Bottom