I changed strings recently, now the guitar only performs half step bends on the G string

Status
Not open for further replies.
The simple solution is bend a string by the sound and not the distance and perhaps this post should have been put up on April 1st.
I knew it was a matter of time until someone said something to the effect of "bend with your ears not your eyes" :tearsofjoy:
Not sure how how we'd know what suggestions are fundamentally wrong, and/or what suggestions def won't solve the issue, when neither the full nature of the issue nor its source has yet been derermined. Afaik, there's no minimum standard of expertise imposed on issue thread responses (thankfully), so OPs going DIY can reasonablly expect a range. Sometimes a less experiened observer can spot a problem others won't (forest for the trees n all that).
Right, seems likely you would spend the time to post this kind of issue on this particular forum to elicit as many responses as possible. Any guitar tech would figure this out in a flash, and they, um, wouldn't ask to inspect a video for clues :)

Solved!!!

the problem has been resolved. I must start with a deep apology on my end. I said the G string was not wound. IT IS Wound. just looking at it it looks smooth like the b and e string. But someone suggested running your finger nail along it. It had grooves. It was wound. I put on a set of Elixir strings that do not have a wound G This morning. G bends normally Now. Thank you everyone. I should have responded sooner on whether the g was wound. I thought I had checked it good turns out I didn’t. Lesson learned, wound G can cause unexpected bending results.

thanks everyone here im glad I checked here. No set up needed. Saved me $$$. Again sorry this dragged on so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom