I am sick with the damned "Windows 10 Settings are hidden or managed by your organization"

Did you setup VPN or another account to access work or the like? Deleting these accounts and restarting may fix it. My work got more crazy with security and I ended up deleting the account, One Drive, linked to that ID and I got control back.

No VPN. But I am suspecting of Microsoft Outlook or Teams. They are the only programs linked to my work account. Now I am going to try to disable these accounts

Not solved 🥴
First I tried to remove the work account from Outlook, but it said that these options are managed by the organization. So I have completely uninstalled Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise, restarted, but the restriction is still there

make a new account that is in the local admin group
I've just tried to create a new Admin account. No luck.
Not joined to a domain
Very suspect, navigate to Control Panel, Administrative tools, right click on Computer Management run as administrator, select users hive, right click make new user, complete the new user form, then add it to the local administrator group,
1643387733937.png

Also look at you account see if your part of the local administrator group,
1643387808451.png

Is your PC joined to a domain? That's usually group policy restrictions.

Navigate to c:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy (it's a hidden folder) and rename or delete it then reboot your computer. That should revert any existing policies back to defaults.

My user is member of Administrators.
Created a new user member of Adminstrators
Renamed folder C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy and restarted
Not part of a domain, just a Workgroup
I have filtered the settings at "Local Group Policy Editor" by configured, and the result shows that no settings are configured

No luck
1643428638341.png

Last edited:
My user is member of Administrators.
Created a new user member of Adminstrators
Renamed folder C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy and restarted
Not part of a domain, just a Workgroup
I have filtered the settings at "Local Group Policy Editor" by configured, and the result shows that no settings are configured

No luck
View attachment 95047
to b clear, this ss is from newly created account ie prop?

That is from the newly created Admin account.
The restriction message appears at 2 places: Internet Properties and Sign-in Options
1643430940415.png

That is from the newly created Admin account.
The restriction message appears at 2 places: Internet Properties and Sign-in Options
View attachment 95048
if your pc is not joined to a domain, your new account still showing this notification imo eliminates corrupt account profile, and joined domain policy, only other things I can think of is an app installed has hooks into your IE, and or your PC has been compromised...

I have recovered a disk image from last November that doesn't have this issue.

I think I'll never know what has caused it. But I will keep saving images with Acronis as I install new software, in case that it happens again

Thank you all for your kind support 👍

Everything working fine since I restored the old WIndows image.

But now I have this warning from BitDefender Total Security:
Bitdefender Security Center.png

I think that I've seen that message in the past, and I did click "Fix Issue"

I am wondering if that could have been the cause of that problem. Maybe it locks the Internet Security Options in such a way that, even after unnistalling BitDefender, it is mission impossible to revert these settings :confused:

Back
Top Bottom