I’d like to kill every tree in North America.

Thank god I live in a country and a society where I can work an hour or 2 overtime doing very little to pay for burly capable men to climb ladders I won’t climb and deal with voltages I’m not going anywhere near. ‘Murica!

Seriously thinking of going in on my day off just to get someone here to do the gutters. It would be easier.

Obviously some don’t get this post and haven’t had to deal with bad housing development planning. Or more so, devolopers didn’t care and 35 years ago the old growth randomly grown forest trees were cute. 35 years later they are huge poorly rooted and growing in odd directions now that the sun is having its way after you spend a few grand to have them thinned. My neighborhood has buried lines, but it still doesn’t remove the danger and mess they shed every year. Every fall is multiple weekends of leaf cleaning. I love nature and trees, but being smart about building houses/shelter (that BTW is one of the 3 basic needs) is very important. As a young property buyer 25 years ago I didn’t quite realize the hassle they would become.

Of course this type of development has now produced insane, overbearing local government regulation that has it so you can’t add one square foot of made made surface on your property without spending loads of cash for surveys and building some sort of water catch system to take care of run off into the drainage system.

Sometimes we have to vent. No harm no foul….

Update:
I forgot to add neighbors who don’t get the problem and won’t spend the money to hire a tree cutting crew and their trees on their property are more of a threat to my house then theirs. And there’s nothing you can do about it. If I trim the limbs growing over my property and kill their tree I’m liable. Yet, if their tree falls on my house they have no liability. That’s what insurance is for I’m told.

Last edited:
Obviously some don’t get this post and haven’t had to deal with bad housing development planning. Or more so, devolopers didn’t care and 35 years ago the old growth randomly grown forest trees were cute. 35 years later they are huge poorly rooted and growing in odd directions now that the sun is having its way after you spend a few grand to have them thinned. My neighborhood has buried lines, but it still doesn’t remove the danger and mess they shed every year. Every fall is multiple weekends of leaf cleaning. I love nature and trees, but being smart about building houses/shelter (that BTW is one of the 3 basic needs) is very important. As a young property buyer 25 years ago I didn’t quite realize the hassle they would become.

Of course this type of development has now produced insane, overbearing local government regulation that has it so you can’t add one square foot of made made surface on your property without spending loads of cash for surveys and building some sort of water catch system to take care of run off into the drainage system.

Sometimes we have to vent. No harm no foul….

Update:
I forgot to add neighbors who don’t get the problem and won’t spend the money to hire a tree cutting crew and their trees on their property are more of a threat to my house then theirs. And there’s nothing you can do about it. If I trim the limbs growing over my property and kill their tree I’m liable. Yet, if their tree falls on my house they have no liability. That’s what insurance is for I’m told.
Insurance doesn’t replace lives or take away pain. I have a neighbors tree if it comes down there is high probability of loss of life.

It’s kind of like saying the DOT commissioner in NYC should be drawn and quartered for their complete failure with traffic management. I don’t actually mean drawn and quartered, just held somewhat responsible. 3DACFEDF-93E5-4896-88A7-74E430B5D243.jpg

Insurance doesn’t replace lives or take away pain. I have a neighbors tree if it comes down there is high probability of loss of life.
Most definitely!! One of the neighbors trees will smash right through our roof and crush us in our sleep.😬 Also, I imagine many people have no clue how heavy that limb that doesn’t seem very big relative to the whole tree is. When we were getting one of the hefty 7 foot diameter trunk Oaks removed when the limbs would hit the ground the whole earth would shake. And I was being diplomatic about cost. We probably shelled out 10 grand + so far. That’s not including the dozen for more 4 inch diameter saplings I personally cut down that the previous owner let grow because they liked the shade or hated landscaping.

Most definitely!! One of the neighbors trees will smash right through our roof and crush us in our sleep.😬 Also, I imagine many people have no clue how heavy that limb that doesn’t seem very big relative to the whole tree is. When we were getting one of the hefty 7 foot diameter trunk Oaks removed when the limbs would hit the ground the whole earth would shake. And I was being diplomatic about cost. We probably shelled out 10 grand + so far. That’s no including the dozen for more 4 inch diameter saplings I personally cut down that the previous owner lets grow because they like the shade or hated landscaping.

They should be kicking back some money from that oak. 7’ diameter. That’s a lot of good hardwood lumber.

Fwiw, I realize this is 2022 and I have to explain now……I don’t ACTUALLY want to kill every tree in North America. I’m just frustrated.
No need to apologize. Anyone who has ever seen the damage a widowmaker can do knows what you are feeling right now. Trees are not actually the amazing things everyone thinks they are, unless you are talking about what you can make out of them.. Trees are the S*$t for making things. You know, things like Guitars, speaker cabinets, Guitars, Pedal Boards, Guitars. Electric Guitars, acoustic guitars, bass guitars, classical guitars, baritone guitars, headless guitars, double neck guitars, 6 7 8 9 10 11 and 12 string guitars.. !00% the best renewable resource on the planet are trees. As long as you use them responsibly, everything you buy that is made out of trees is a carbon sink.. and the fun fact is that a tree sucks up the most carbon in its first 15-20 years.. after that they do not really do much.. so I say chop them down and make things, plant new ones so we can make things out of them as well. ;)

Back
Top Bottom