AFIII "Hysteria" - cover from home

How are you guys doing the video? Do you record All at once or individually and what did you use?
Sounds great!

I used Cakewalk DAW to create a basic backing track from a MIDI file and I recorded the guitars. I sent the audio mix to the others in one single mp3 file. They recorded their parts at home and they sent their isolated audio tracks back to me.

Some were not even using a DAW. The singer didn't had a sound card to connect her microphone, so she recorded herself in a mobile phone while she was listening the backing track on headphones connected to a laptop. I had to use surgical dynamic EQ (Waves F6) to soften the harshness of the mobile phone recording. Now she's bought a USB soundcard to plug the mic, so I hope that the next recording will have better quality

The video clips were recorded after the music. I did sync them with the audio track at Vegas Pro. I positioned the clips at the screen using the Pan/Crop FX and created a transparent vignette at each clip with Vegas Cookie Cutter. To give the final color touch I used another Vegas FX called AutoLooks

Last edited:
I used Cakewalk DAW to create a basic backing track from a MIDI file and I recorded the guitars. I sent the audio mix to the others in one single mp3 file. They recorded their parts at home and they sent their isolated audio tracks back to me.

Some were not even using a DAW. The singer didn't had a sound card to connect her microphone, so she recorded herself in a mobile phone while she was listening the backing track on headphones connected to a laptop. I had to use surgical dynamic EQ (Waves F6) to remove the harshness of the mobile phone recording. Now she's bought a USB soundcard to plug the mic, so I hope that the next recording will have better quality

The video clips were recorded after the music. I did sync them with the audio track at Vegas Pro. I positioned the clips at the screen using the Pan/Crop FX and created a transparent vignette at each clip with Vegas Cookie Cutter. To give the final color touch I used another Vegas FX called AutoLooks
Wow you put a lot of work into that video you really did a great job :)

God I love this song. Takes me back to grade school when I had my first crush. Whatever happened to this level of songwriting in rock music?

Back
Top Bottom