AFIII Hurdy gurdy Axe-Fx III video

Wow! :openmouth: I'm SO impressed!!!

I have first (and last, to be honest) heard of a Hurdy Gurdy when Metallica used one on Reload's Low Man's Lyric. Not impressed back then, now I want one...

edit: Found your album on deezer, will listen to it soon!

Wow! :openmouth: I'm SO impressed!!!

I have first (and last, to be honest) heard of a Hurdy Gurdy when Metallica used one on Reload's Low Man's Lyric. Not impressed back then, now I want one...

edit: Found your album on deezer, will listen to it soon!

I first saw a guy use one on the Page and Plant tour many moons ago, and I was blown away. I've been fascinated by them ever since.

Loved your piece of music and very impressed with your virtuosity! The hurdy gurdy is an amazingly expressive instrument and I just love that it is enhanced by the AxeFx III. The true definition of synergy: more than the sum of the parts!

I apologize for resurrecting such an old thread, but I discovered this video when it first came out and it prompted me to have a hurdy-gurdy built for myself. I never could figure out what looper you were using and I'm still not sure about what foot controller you are using. I am delighted to find out you are using an Axe Fx III. One of my amp heroes, Ken Fischer, always said your amp is half or more of your instrument.

Unfortunately the hurdy-gurdy I purchased was off Etsy from a builder in Europe and not of the highest quality. I'm using it to learn and hope to move up to a better quality instrument in the future.

Just wanted to say you are a true inspiration.

Last edited:
This thread and its associated video are always worth a revisit.

@HurdyGuigui : When you're stopping the string with your fingers instead of the keys, how are you making them transition into harmonics? Too cool.

Back
Top Bottom