Humbuster cables

bkrumme

Experienced
I went on the search for some TRS-TS cables for the Humbuster outputs on the Axe-Fx II. Couldn't find any that met the wiring spec, so I e-mailed Brian at Best-Tronics. He put a couple together for me. $18.91 a piece for 3 foot long cables with gold G&H connectors on them. Not a bad deal.

Here's the cable he used: Best-Tronics Mfg., Inc.: CA-0351OFHC

And here's the connectors:
TS: Best-Tronics Mfg., Inc.: BF2P-BGG
TRS: Best-Tronics Mfg., Inc.: BF3PM-BGGG

I also let him know he may be hearing from more people about these. So shoot them an e-mail and they can make them for you if you need them.

Those look like quality cables, but it doesn't look like they have an option for TRS to TS cables like the Humbuster outputs need. Doesn't mean they can't make it, just not something listed on the site.

With a small amount of practice you can make your own cables with the same type of quality for a fraction of the cost of "boutique" cable makers. Not so sure I agree with their contention that G&H plugs and CGI cable are the "best". You can buy an awful lot of Belden & Neutrik cable components for what they're charging.

i just spent $20 on cable and plugs at redco to build 2 cables for myself. That'll give me 2 x 12" cables with right angle ends (and 3 more feet for when i screw up the first one)

With a small amount of practice you can make your own cables with the same type of quality for a fraction of the cost of "boutique" cable makers. Not so sure I agree with their contention that G&H plugs and CGI cable are the "best". You can buy an awful lot of Belden & Neutrik cable components for what they're charging.

True.

I'm just lazy and don't mind paying for someone else to do it for me.

My question (for Cliff ? ): If you don't have ground loop problems to begin with, will these special cables serve any purpose ?

i'm thinking about the bad wiring at most clubs i've ever played. Anything i can do to possibly reduce the noise is a great thing.

i'm thinking about the bad wiring at most clubs i've ever played. Anything i can do to possibly reduce the noise is a great thing.
Agreed, and I'm wanting to understand if this will help reduce the "noise" you may be thinking of in addition to "common-mode noise (hum)".

Bkrumme,
Did your Humbuster cables arrive ??? Any difference ? I will get from Best Electronics as well.
They rock.

I did receive them, but haven't tested them yet. The cables, as usual from Best-Tronics, are very well made.

I did receive them, but haven't tested them yet. The cables, as usual from Best-Tronics, are very well made.
Looking forward to hearing how well it works... I've been using 4CM, which is working well thus far but there is some hum, and I'm hoping this technology takes care of it.

Hi,
So the TRS connection is at the AXEFX2, the TS ( normal phono connector ) at the amp correct ?

Back
Top Bottom