humbuster cable with audio switcher

edo

Power User
Vendor
I run my axe fx in a loop of the soundsculpture switchblade, connecting out1 xlr's to FOH and out 2 to the switchblade into a real amp. Should i use the humbuster cable between axe out 2 and switchblade or from switchblade to amp? I'm asking because i dont have an hb cable right now and before making one i need to figure out the length..

Thanks

probably not necessary to use humbuster. that's usually for the input of a guitar amp.

i'd try with a regular cable first.

Try putting a Humbuster cable from Axe to Switchblade. Putting one Switchblade-to-amp will have no effect, because the Switchblade's outputs don't know how to take advantage of a Humbuster connection. You might not get the full effect of the Humbuster, because the critical feed directly to the amp won't be a Humbuster connection.

I see, so the best bet is to use the hb cable straight from axe out 2 to amp, correct?

I see, so the best bet is to use the hb cable straight from axe out 2 to amp, correct?

Humbusters only work on out 1 and 2 1/4".
The will work between the Axe-fx 1/4" outs and an unbalanced input.
It will only solve ground loop problems between the devices it is connected to.

If you are getting hum between the switchblade and amp without the Axe-fx connected, it will not help that.

Do have an unbalanced or balanced version of the switchblade?

I have the gl (I think balanced) and I only get ground loop from the axe (I also get it if I go from axe straight to amp), that's why I'm supposing the hb will solve (I already solved it by taping the ground on the axe's plug, but I'd rather not mess with it if the hb cable will do)

Inviato da mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

If you've got both units in the same rack, you might check if the ground loop is occuring there. Metal rack rails can couple the two devices together and cause ground loops. Rack isolation tabs like Humfrees can help keep the units separated electronically.

That will give you the most effective hum reduction.

Note that Humbuster doesn't eliminate ground loops. It can only reduce the hum they cause. It can still pay to eliminate ground loops wherever you can...

...BUT NOT BY TAPING THE GROUND ON A POWER PLUG (yes, I'm shouting here). That eliminates your shock protection. If something goes wrong, it can determine whether you're around the next day to play your guitar again.

Back
Top Bottom