Humbuster cable from axe to mixer with bal/unb connections, OK?

maschoff

Experienced
Just wondering if it's ok to use humbuster cables to connect the axe to a mixer with balanced/unbalanced connections?

I wouldn't think it would hurt anything but wanted to check. Thanks!

Humbuster cables are intended to feed unbalanced connections. You could use them to feed a balanced connection, but I'm not sure that would work well. The humbuster feature might get confused and actually increase the noise. I haven't tried it, so I can't say for sure how well it would work.

Is that what you meant by "balanced/unbalanced connections?"

Yeah, the mixer's input connections are both. I would think it would work because the mixer would only connect to the unbalanced portion of the connector, the tip and sleeve :)

Humbuster cables are for going TRS to TS when that is the only choice such as into the FX loop of an amp.

If your mixer has balanced connections use XLR to XLR or TRS to TRS, or XLR to TRS. In this case Humbusters would not be appropriate.

If the mixer's input automaticaly configures itself as unbalanced when you plug in a TS plug, then you're golden.

Used them ... sound fine ... I actually think I may have gained a little more clarity through my FX Loop.

Back
Top Bottom