HUGE REQUEST

jeffpengelly

Inspired
Okay guys this is the request of a lifetime, I've really grown on Devin Townsend's heavy friggin tone. He posted his distorted tone a little while back and I have been wanting to hear it really bad but all I have is a Axe Standard :(

Here's the patch: RIGGED: DEVIN TOWNSEND’S MASSIVE LIVE RIG, PIECE BY PIECE | MetalSucks

I guess what I'm getting at is....could somebody with an ultra please make this standard friendly for me? Just take two of those PEQs and make them GEQs and get rid of the gate expander?? I really hope someone is willing to take the time to help me.

-Jeff

Because the standard only has 2 PEQ blocks. Devin's patch has 4 PEQ blocks. Do ya really think I'd come on the forum before trying it myself?!

I still don't understand. If you load that patch into Axe Edit and then change the PEQs into GEQs can't you then load that patch into a standard or are the sysex files totally different?

Start AE in Ultra config, load Devin's preset and write the settings down.

I still don't understand. If you load that patch into Axe Edit and then change the PEQs into GEQs can't you then load that patch into a standard or are the sysex files totally different?

And when I loaded the preset into AE, only 2 of the 4 PEQs would show up, so I could not figure out the values of the other ones.

some things to consider, there is no exact values for the global eq (which make a huge difference) & you're not using a baritone 7 string with emgs
Load config Ultra, write em down and pick and choose what sounds best to you if you're that desperate
that being said, the patch sounds terrible on it's own with an Ultra which you don't have anyways

Hmmm either I'm retarded, or it's a picture of the global EQ without the specific settings? Perhaps both are possible lol, anyways share the global EQ settings please :) Then I can load this shitty patch into my ultra properly lol

Since simeon says there's a video but I am not seeing this I'll assume it's retardation ^^

yes, it's just a picture of the globals. no, you can't see the exact values, but at least you get some idea. sorry, i thought there was a video, but i got confused between that page and another i looked at recently - apologies for the confusion!
if you don't like the patch, maybe it's just better to make your own from scratch. i doubt devin would give away his best sounding patch for free and i find they rarely translate well between different guitars and setups anyway...

^ I agree. There was definitely a hint of sarcasm when I said I wanted the shitty patch in my ultra lol, was half hoping I was missing something lol.

Either way it was cool that you jumped in and tried to help out best you could, instead of being a dick about it lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom