How would you set up presets for...

What would happen if you send your signal first to Effects In, then from Effects Out to Main In?
Not sure how that would work, but it seems the AX8 itself could provide you with the signal splitting.

Guitar -> Effects In
Effects Out -> Main In with a short jack.
XLR/Main Out -> PA/Monitor/FoH

I'm pretty content with my acoustic preset, but I do need to keep doing minor tweaks. Like other presets, it's largely dependent upon the PA system (in which case, adjustments can be made at the board). What I hear through my Xitone or CLR is convincing enough (i.e. close enough for rock 'n' roll!).

Show me yours and I'll show you mine :D

I really want to avoid the piezo too, but I am struggling to find anything that really works

I still want to know how he got that 12-string.

Didn't forget about ya Pima, I gave it a whirl last night to try and dial in a good Mid Boosted 100W Plexi Jump (X) and a more acoustic friendly (Y) amp block. Ran into a strange issue with my VU meter hitting +10DB (clipping) when trying to dial in the Y parameters... In other words I gave up on it last night, but, I may have some time in the next few days to build something for ya. The Plexi actually sounded close to Scholz's tone in some ways with an Esoteric drive out in front. Was just struggling with the Y parameters on the Amp & Cab blocks being set to all Zero like I've never used the Y states before. Will dig into it and see what I can come up with for ya!

Thank you!!!

And please don't rush on my account. I haven't had time either.

Had to take a break from playing after going too long last weekend. And, I got some of those EHX organ/keyboard pedals in to fool around with. (They're very cool, but I really should just get a keyboard controller and order Samplitude.)

If you had a guitar with a Piezo pup you could set up the cab block with two different IR's in X-Y and you could cover a lot of sonic ground. 20West has a PRS with a piezo and he is using an IR of a Taylor 900 series and it sounds killer. Set up the preset to have a good distortion and IR to go with it in one scene then bypass the amp or set it up clean with an acoustic IR in the next! Push a button and flip a switch boom!
Hey @Sixstring, where can I get this 20West ir, I'd love to hear it with my own prs. Cheers,

Hey @20West, can you please share the IR you have for your PRS by any chance? Thanks so much :)

Ok mate, you're killing me... you might get a faster response if you send him a PM he's not always on the board.

But I'll let him know you are looking for it as well!

Last edited:
Thank you. That will help a lot.

Part of what prompted this thread, of course, is Moke's wonderful presets.

I still want to know how he got that 12-string.

Part of the acoustic guitar sound is using a tone match/IR of an acoustic. I imagine the only way to achieve switching between that and electric with scenes is X/Y. My question then becomes, is X/Y switching in scenes any faster than presets?
Working with a 'beta' tester on some 'AX8' versions of my presets until I can get one for myself. Some will convert easier than others, some will need to be split into 2 or more presets, and some just won't be available for the 'AX8'..........The new 'Acoustic Simulator' preset is first.

Getting two sounds (one at a time) into the 'AX8' should be easy via 'X/Y'. Both at the same time might take some clever routing.......stand by;)

Back
Top Bottom