How to set up 2 recording mics on the axe?

huh?

The Axe-Fx is not a recording device. It also hasn't got mic preamps.
You can however use it as an effects device during or after recording.

The Axe Fx is advertised as an audio interface (aka: recording device), no? He would just need an external preamp to accomplish what he is looking to do.

Last edited:
Designed for guitar.

Knives can stab food like forks too, but isn't the best tool for putting that food in your mouth.

You're arguing semantics. While it may not be the best tool for the job, it can be done. The OP asked how to record with 2 mics and the Axe Fx. The answer is an external preamp. Who knows? Maybe he already has one.

"USB provides 2×4 Audio Interface capability for easy recording/re-ampimg, plus high speed MIDI-over-USB."

under the features tab The Axe-Fx II - Preamp / FX Processor Mark II - Order Online

I will be borrowing a preamp from a friend without a onboard USB, worst case scenerio I'm going to use a mixer. I have a few sm57's and we're currently looking at some other mics for the lower registers. In my OP I was looking to see if it would be possible/easy to just go straight from the Axe but I see the best option is either mic pre or mixer with more than 2 mics. I will look into some other mics,

Thank you for all the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom