How to send Only Guitar to Out 1 and Only music to Out 2

GotMetalBoy

Power User
Is there a way to setup my Axe-Fx II, so when I have the USB cable connected to my PC that only my guitar plays through Output 1, which goes into my guitar amp and the music I play on my computer plays through Output 2, which is connected to my PA speakers?

I did a search on here and read the manual and the only thing I could get to work was if I had the music play through Output 1 and connect that to my PA and then connect Output 2 to my guitar amp but then had to change each preset by adding the FX Loop to the 2nd to last block and then deleting the last cable block.

There has to be a better way to do this b/c I don't want to add a cab block to all my presets and then play my guitar and music through my PA. I don't want to have to edit every preset to add an FX Loop. I don't want to have to switch my cables around in the back of my rack.

The only way I got this to work was to use 2 PC's, 1 connected to my Axe-Fx II for Axe-Edit and connected to my guitar amp and the other PC connected to my Line 6 UX2 to play music through my PA. I had to share my files from the 1st PC to the 2nd PC b/c I keep everything on my 1st PC and only use my 2nd PC to stream audio and video from the 1st PC, so it's kind of like a dumb terminal.

Is there anyway I can do this w/ one PC and not have to change everything around?

I don't think you can get USB audio to come out of output 2, however I believe you can do it the other way round, and have just guitar in out 2, and just music in out 1, any reason you wouldn't wanna do it that way?

Back
Top Bottom