How to properly start and shut down the Axe-Fx 3?

Perhaps but Cliff managed to do it for the other outputs which didn't use to be the case on prior models.

Good operating procedure to stage shutdown order, but muting still has benefits if could be solved in FW.

As I wrote - POWER switch physically cuts off the power from power inlet, so FW has nothing to do with it. I suppose that if this would be an issue AFX would have standby momentary button instead of power switch.

Wow there's a lot of noise to this signal, guys! :)

The original poster really has nothing to worry about.

Going back to the original post, I was advised a very long time ago to leave the computer (i.e. the Axe-III) turned on while plugged into a power source, and turn that power source on and off to prevent wear and tear on the computer's (i.e. the Axe-III's) switch and power supply. I do that by switching on and off at the Furman. I do that regardless of whether the mixer and powered monitors are on, and have never had the Thump of Doom when doing that. Mind you I wouldn't switch the mixer that way because I would get the thump. So kudos to Fractal for making that a thing that never even crosses my mind.

I thought I saw in a manual deep dive somewhere that if your fingers will just not stop playing then it is recommended to turn the switch on and off with the very tip of a pointy headstock or the tip of a V wing. If those options are not available then use your big toe and in the rare instances where your foot will not stop wahwahing then lean in and use your nose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom