How to presets after firmware releases

Manually....

With the few complaints I've read regarding V10 firmware and forever changing your presets....

If it is really that hard to redo your presets, just take photos of each page of each block in your chain, and eventually you will memorize your cherished presets and be able to dial in what you like without worrying about future updates. It helps to learn your stuff inside and out, anyway. I backed up all of my presets and took pictures of everything in the chain, updated the banks, and started inputting. Sounds amazing. I also used V10 on a whim for a gig Saturday night before updating the banks and it still sounded amazing with almost no tweaking.

It's just silly with all of this moaning going on, just memorize yo sh*t!

V10 sounds the best yet. Thanks FAS

Remember, they are just presets. The sound is still there....

/rant

That won't work.

If the Master Volume dial is at 8.00 in version 9, it doesn't have the same effect at 8.00 in version 10, for example. Other parameters have the same behavior.

So that's the main reason people have trouble with their presets.

I'll be making a video soon with my concept on how to quickly make tones. V10 is so much easier and faster really. But you have to make tones with your ears and not with your eyes. Don't put the knobs where you visually think they should go. Listen to what's going on.

I just don't understand why they can not send someone to my home to help with this upgrade. After all, I spent a lot of time downloading this software and it will take about ten minutes to reverse the process.

But you have to make tones with your ears and not with your eyes. Don't put the knobs where you visually think they should go. Listen to what's going on.

I agree, but I think people are getting too picky and should start having a little more fun. We should all know the risk of updating hardware from new firmware without giving it the proper time to filter bugs out.

That won't work.

I'll be making a video soon with my concept on how to quickly make tones. V10 is so much easier and faster really. But you have to make tones with your ears and not with your eyes.

Hi Chris, I would be very interested in this and look forward to your information. I find the hardest part of creating tones is to hear that something is wrong and understand what needs to be adjusted to address it. Maybe this takes years of experience or perhaps it is just a point of hearing the right explanation. I wonder if maybe this is the heart of many of the problems people have here on the forum. I know it is for me.

I have always loaded new factory presets for each new firmware update. Frankly, I don't care about my previous presets when updating, and I don't mind making new presets for the new firmware. You'll most likely save heaps of time makinh new ones, than tweaking the old. New firmware, new paradigm... certainly a good time to make new presets :)

Back
Top Bottom