How to improve the sweep on the expression pedals?

Gina glocksen band? I think I met your singer. She introduced herself to me at balleydoyles during one of our shows. Lol. Small world

I'm noticing that all my expression pedals seem to only utilize about 50% of the sweep. From the heel down position to about half way up nothing changes on the mod screen. This causes the whole slope to be covered in the last 50% or so.

Sounds like your expression pedals have Log taper pots instead of linear taper. I had the same problem with my Rocktron Utopia expression pedals. They came with Log pots (actually, two stage linear where the first 2/3 of the sweep was a shallow slope and the last 1/3 was a steep slope) and I changed them out to linear pots.

When getting an expression pedal, make sure it has a linear pot. A lot of Expression/Volume pedals come with Log pots.

One strategy is to edit the Volume modifier. On a MAC thats a control click on the modifier edit button on the Volume knob. From there I change the start value to 10% and that changes the slope of adjustment and made my pedal (fractal Exp 2) behave. Believe you get could get similar results adjusting the offset as well?

Back
Top Bottom