How to get vol inc/dec switches working for both outputs ?

rockforlive

Hi

I hope this questions has not already been asked, otherwise sorry for doing it again ;)

I would like to set up volume increase and decrease switches on the MFC working for both outputs. I have output 2 directly connected to my tube power amp (without cab sims) and 1 to the mixer (with cab sims). On the AXE Wiki page it is described as follows:

---
The Axe-Fx II offers a very convenient way to adjust preset levels on the fly (in other words: without editing): Volume Increment and Volume Decrement. These commands (CCs are in the I/O menu) enable you to adjust the preset level in small steps while playing. Adjustments are saved automatically! These commands adjust the preset output level (Layout menu). Note: Vol Inc and Vol Dec only affect the signal through Output 1, not Output 2 (Effects Send)!
To make this work assign these commands to switches. Note: when assigning Vol Inc and Vol Dec to switches on the MFC-101, use the "OFF" value for the IA switch CCs off-message. Otherwise, each tap of the IA switch is interpreted as two ticks.
---

Since I am not very good in doing "Midi-things", could someone explain this a little more in detail for me. Your help is realy appreciated.

Thanks.
Marco

Not possible unless Copy Out 1 > 2 is selected (and no FXL block in preset). This might be a solution if everything is run mono: pan the cab-sim & no-cab-sim signals left/right and route both to output (no FXL block). Send Out 1L to mixer, Out 2R to power amp.

Thanks for your reply Bakerman.

But would it be possible to connect the "Amp Level" to switches for Volume increase and decrease, so that they work similar and the changes are also being stored automatically? This method would affect both outputs.

Again, thanks for your kind advice.

I've only recently started using both OUTs. So if you are using Vol INC/DEC to volume balance presets on OUT1, those changes will not carry over to out2 and out2 will still be out of whack? Does that mean volume balancing for OUT2 needs to be done either via Axe-Edit or on the control panel, in the amp block, at the same time you are making changes for out1 ?

But would it be possible to connect the "Amp Level" to switches for Volume increase and decrease, so that they work similar and the changes are also being stored automatically? This method would affect both outputs.

It's not easily done now but something like that is what would be needed. Separate FXL mixer gain inc/dec items (that could be set to the same CC#s as vol inc/dec) might be a good way to add the option.

I've only recently started using both OUTs. So if you are using Vol INC/DEC to volume balance presets on OUT1, those changes will not carry over to out2 and out2 will still be out of whack? Does that mean volume balancing for OUT2 needs to be done either via Axe-Edit or on the control panel, in the amp block, at the same time you are making changes for out1 ?

You'd have to either manually increase the Out 2 level (like w/ FXL block mixer) or move the main slider back to where it started and adjust amp (or possibly something else like cab) level.

For FRFR.......

Copy Output 1 to Output 2

Then:

Assigning 2 IAs for Vol Decr and Vol Incr on the MFC

Vol Decr is CC#36
Vol Incr is CC#35

1. Hit the Edit Button on the MFC.
  2. Go to Midi and Page right 7x, assign the 2 IAs to "OFF".
  3. Page right 1x and assign the 2 IAs to CC# 36 and CC#35 respectively.
  4. Page right 1x and assign the CC "OFF" values to 080 or higher.
  5. Hit the Edit Button to store.

Done!

Back
Top Bottom