How to get Bass sound with a normal guitar

recharger

Hallo together,

i know there will probably be an easy solution, but i couldn't find it myself .
I am looking for an effect in the AXE that lets me use my normal guitar as a bass guitar to lay out some simple bass lines. Something along a Digitech Whammy or EHX HOG2.

What would be the easiest way to achieve this within the seemingly endless possibilities in the AXE$.

Cheers

This is one of those rare use cases that sounds complicated but is almost impossible to screw up. I haven't done it in a while but I recall literally everything I tried working great - from using just the pitch shift on one hand, to a chain with compressor, pitch shift, bass amp, bass cab, parametric EQ, and chorus on the other.

Last edited:
The VC with a bit of compression, eq etc. I also like use multi octave on some scenes for slap. It makes the bass pop and backward emulates a bass player using an octave up - A trick I learned from Marcus Miller and Bryan Beller.

Last edited:
Some years ago when I was on the AXE FX II Someone made a couple of convincing presets that made the guitar sound like a bass guitar.

Anyone know if they were made/ converted for the newer models?

EDIT: After viewing the Youtube above: he sound was more like a Fingered Bass More round and not Slappy. If tjis makes sense...

Kind regards

AAEN

Back
Top Bottom