How to connect midi controller and axe-edit?

shay

Hello, is there any way I can connect my Rocktron midi-mate to the axe-fx and use the Axe-edit at the same time? I find it difficult because in order to use the axe-edit i need to use both midi-in and midi-out of the Axe into my midi-in and midi-out of my sound card, and the midi-thru of the Axe seems to not effect the Rocktron. What should I do?

I didn't mention..I got the Axe-fx Ultra, I worte my post here because the Ultra forum is DEAD.

If your MIDI interface has more than 1 in/out pair you can connect the Midimate to another input and set up merging in Axe-Edit. This is the simplest method; the only other option is adding a hardware merger.

Your Midimate has one output, not an input. That's fine. You need a computer MIDI interface with more than 1 input, like a Midisport 2x2. I'd recommend getting one of those rather than a hardware merger. A merger is a separate box that combines 2 or more inputs to produce one output.

You can either have the computer plugged in, or the Midimate, but not both at the same time. Back when I had the Axe-FX Standard and Midimate I use to just plug in whichever I used at the time.

To run both you either need to buy a MIDI Merger, or a different MIDI pedal that has both MIDI IN and MIDI OUT.

Thanks for the comments! So just to be clear, I need to buy a midi interface such as the Midisport, in addition to my soundcard right?

OK, I got the M-AUDIO - MIDISPORT 2x2, but I need help with how to make it all work, can anyone help me?

Midimate MIDI out > Midisport 2x2 In A

Midisport Out A > Axe-FX MIDI In

Axe-FX MIDI Out > Midisport In B

In Axe-Edit settings choose the MIDI ports for the Axe-FX (Out A, In B) then at the merge page select In A as the controller input, enabling the echo option (to Output A).

Now Axe-Edit will pass Midimate data to the Axe-FX when running. When Axe-Edit isn't running, you can switch the 2x2 to thru mode to use the Midimate anytime.

Thanks for the info above, i recently bagged a Standard new old stock, found a old Windows 7 laptop in the loft, got Midisport 2x2 for £15 on *bay and thanks to the above post now have everything working with Axe Edit, pretty chuffed.

Back
Top Bottom