How to avoid scenes mode on banks

Hansen

Experienced
I just got my AX8 and it seems to be set in scenes mode, hence to change a preset I first need to hit F1 and then the number of the preset. Is if possible to change this so I can change presets directly without hitting F1 first? Also, is if possible to have different setups for different banks in terms of scenes or preset mode?

Not sure what your refferjng to, Ive always pressed f1 to switch presets. You can also press and jold to go to sticky mode.

you can assign any preset just like you assign scenes or effect types to footswitch --- there will be slight latency between presets when switching this way @ work now -- but when i get home i can get in my unit and explain how i do it -- I need to be on the edit software

If you want to switch presets and not do any deep dives into the preset, then sticky mode is the way to go as @Brian Buzek mentioned. If you want to modify the preset once you have selected it, then scenes works better (IMHO) because you don't have to hit F1 first. I have my AX8 set up for both. I have scenes in some presets, and I have a bank set up for using sticky mode. It really depends on what type of songs I'll be playing. If I am going to use 1 preset for an entire song, then I prefer scenes. If I need to switch to a bunch of presets, then I prefer sticky mode. To me, one of the great features of the AX8 is that you can run it as best suits you. It is an awesome tool for guitar.

Not sure what your refferjng to, Ive always pressed f1 to switch presets. You can also press and jold to go to sticky mode.

Are you saying that if I press and hold down F1 I go to sticky mode?

I want to be able to switch from preset 1 to 2, without hitting F1 first. I do not really use scenes because I have a different amp on most presets.

Are you saying that if I press and hold down F1 I go to sticky mode?

I want to be able to switch from preset 1 to 2, without hitting F1 first. I do not really use scenes because I have a different amp on most presets.
Then set P1 and P2 on your FS Page.

Then set P1 and P2 on your FS Page.

Seems the solution is just to hold F1 down to activate sticky mode.

Other question, my display just shows the preset with a small name and empty boxes. How can I change the display so that it shows the preset name in a large font?

I get you. It's not possible, to setup the unit so that it starts in preset mode. So you have to press (and hold) F1 after each power cycle. The same is valid for scene mode. It's one of my older feature requests (wish) to make this configurable...

Other question, my display just shows the preset with a small name and empty boxes. How can I change the display so that it shows the preset name in a large font?
It's in the Global setup menu.

It's in the Global setup menu.

The problem I encounter is that when I use sticky preset mode, to have the preset name large in the display and to avoid switching between scenes when hitting 1-8, holding down F3 does not work as a tuner anymore. How could I change those settings permanently?

The problem I encounter is that when I use sticky preset mode, to have the preset name large in the display and to avoid switching between scenes when hitting 1-8, holding down F3 does not work as a tuner anymore. How could I change those settings permanently?
You can set it up to keep large preset names always on.

Maybe i don't understand what your ultimate goal is.

Setup > Global > Display Large Preset Name. Set to “Always.”
Thanks! Other question; I would like to have the mode set to preset mode, so that when I hit 1-8 I change presets, not scenes. I tried sticky preset mode, but then all the lights are flashing. Is it not possible to just have it in normal preset mode, like it is on the AXE II?

I just got my AX8 also and want it set up like my MFC101 where bottom 4 switches are presets and top 4 control on/off on effects.Is this possible?

Thanks! Other question; I would like to have the mode set to preset mode, so that when I hit 1-8 I change presets, not scenes. I tried sticky preset mode, but then all the lights are flashing. Is it not possible to just have it in normal preset mode, like it is on the AXE II?
For the record, the Axe II doesn't have a mode where you press a button and change to a different preset. That's a function of whatever foot controller you hook up to it. You could also hook a foot controller to the AX8...but, as @chris says:

Read the Footswitches part of the manual. Easy and possible.

Just change the switch functions to Presets. Read the Footswitch part of the manual.

Thanks. However now my F3 changed. Previously got me to the tuner, to it brings me to tap delay. Why the change?

Back
Top Bottom