How to avoid corrupt presets?

JayCM800XL

Experienced
:)I have a weird idiosyncrasy with my XL, where I always turn it on/off on preset 383 Bypass! :) Always done it like that with the reasoning that if a preset is going to get corrupted, let it be that one! LOL It might not really help with anything but can't hurt either! I must say I've never had any kind of problems with my unit (knock on wood!). I like the ritualistic part of getting to number 383 on the MFC, then powering Off!

Anyone else do "pointless" stuff like this with their Fractal gear?
I remember I sometimes used to "kiss goodbye" my tube amp, but I digress...:)

In all seriousness, how/why do presets get corrupted and what to do to avoid that?

Never use your mfc with your Axe Edit actave while your editing your patches ALWAYS BYPASS/pause YOUR AXE EDIT before using your MFC.
that's the only time I've gotten a courupt patch

I think most, if not all, corrupt presets date back to the days of the old Axe-Edit.
That legacy version didn't retract values from the hardware, it kept its own and that caused some anomalies, for example when stored values went beyond the boundaries in the hardware.

I think most, if not all, corrupt presets date back to the days of the old Axe-Edit.
That legacy version didn't retract values from the hardware, it kept its own and that caused some anomalies, for example when stored values went beyond the boundaries in the hardware.

I have still gotten some whackiness. Not consistent enough to pin down. However I can get a nice clean with a touch of grit patch going. Then all of a audden one of the amps sounds spikey, overdriven and phasey. Sounds like tweed deluxe with gain on 5 through 6" oval, rather than twin, through 2x12 with gain on 2.2.

I can swap amps, reset amps. No difference. Like having that sound hardwired. Drives me nuts. Has hapoened, where I will be playing and here it "pop" and the sound changes. Only overwriting will fix it.

I have still gotten some whackiness. Not consistent enough to pin down. However I can get a nice clean with a touch of grit patch going. Then all of a audden one of the amps sounds spikey, overdriven and phasey. Sounds like tweed deluxe with gain on 5 through 6" oval, rather than twin, through 2x12 with gain on 2.2.

I can swap amps, reset amps. No difference. Like having that sound hardwired. Drives me nuts. Has hapoened, where I will be playing and here it "pop" and the sound changes. Only overwriting will fix it.
Can honestly say that in over 6 yrs of using various AxeFx models (and LARGE doses of Beta testing firmware, presets, banks, Cab-lab and AE) I have NEVER - like @electronpirate - had that problem.

Never use your mfc with your Axe Edit actave while your editing your patches ALWAYS BYPASS/pause YOUR AXE EDIT before using your MFC.
that's the only time I've gotten a courupt patch

+1 Using the MFC (besides expression pedals - those seem ok to use) or front panel to make changes while Axe Edit is active can cause some wacky things to happen.

Back
Top Bottom