How to assign a specific scene for a preset ?

danielworks

Inspired
Hi guys,
I just received my FC-12 today aboard in a cruise ship and I didn’t have decent internet to watch tutorials. I read the manual but still couldn’t figure out how to assign a stomp to a specific scene from a preset.

I want to assign :
FS1 preset 1 scene 1
FS2 preset 1 scene 2
FS3 preset 3
FS4 preset 4

Etc

The 2 possible ways that I thought :
1 - saving the same preset in other preset slots with different scenes to load

2- organizing a preset with the blocks from different presets in one preset and changing scenes.

I have the user manual but I’m still trying to make like I’m saying here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I’d recommend not immediately trying to program your own layouts. Instead look at the factory’s FC12 layout. It already has nicely defined and very functional preset, scene, effects, and per-preset layouts. Learn how to navigate those, and learn how they work and THEN learn how to make modifications.

The FC-12 & FC-6 Owner’s Manual and Footswitch Functions Guide contain everything needed when designing and/or modifying a layout. You don’t say which modeler you are using it with, but read those, especially section 4 in the first manual.

If you’re on the FM3, look up the OMG15 layout.

Thank you.
That’s what I’m doing right now. I made a factory layout recall and it works good.
I’m using FX III .
Now I am trying to use the PRESETS LAYOUT and trying to assign a specific preset+scene to a footswitch. Should it be done using PER PRESET layout ?

You'll need to use the setlist functions to do that.

When you first pull up a preset, you get the default scene of that preset. You'd need to then navigate to the scene you want, if that's not the default scene.

Or use the setlist function, where each section of each song gets its own preset/scene combination.

A quick fix to get you up and running is to rename the second 'Preset 1 scene 2' and save to the FS2 preset slot. Just adding a '2' to the beginning of the name would allow you keep track of it easier. The 'Default Scene' in the Setup menu will need to be set to 'As Saved'.

Back
Top Bottom