FM3 + FC12 = OMG15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
After the OMG9 was released, we received many requests for an OMG15. The combination of FM3 & FC-12 is larger, but extremely powerful and flexible. It is especially nice to be able to access all eight scenes from a single footswitch layout. The bank size of 10 makes it very easy to find and select presets.

As of FM3 firmware 4.0, OMG-15 can be installed automatically on the FM3 under SETUP: FC Controllers: Reset

You can also download the layout files and user guides on our web site at:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/fm3-downloads/

Last edited:
From time to time I have received requests for an OMG15. When I created it, I thought it might be overkill, but testing it over the weekend I found that this is a REALLY nice combo.

Having all eight scenes at once, for example, with no press and hold, is great, as is seeing the entire set of Looper controls at once. Plus, the bank size of 10 makes it feel very natural to change presets.

This was exploratory and I have a few more ideas about improving it, but someone I sent it to privately in support has re-posted it here on the forum, so I thought I'd officially share it here.

Here is an adaptation of the OMG9 designed for use with the FM3 and FC-12.

To install, follow these instructions:
  1. On the FM3, open SETUP : FC Controllers : Devices and set the STARTUP LAYOUT for the FM3 to “8” and set the startup layout for FC#1 to “1”.
  2. On the FM3, open SETUP : FC Controllers : Config and do the following:Change Bank Size to “10”.
  3. Ensure that FC-6/FC-12 Compatibility Mode is set to “DISABLED”.
  4. Optional, recommended: Change FC Master Layout Switch Combo to “DISABLED”.
  5. Launch FM3 Edit and press the FC Controllers button (illustrated below).
  6. Use the “Import All Layouts” feature (illustrated below) to load the file “all-layouts-OMG9.fclayout” (included in the zip file with this manual).
  7. Installation is now complete! Please restart the FM3.
View attachment 78969
Thank you M@! 😃👍👍

Last edited by a moderator:
HA!!! FC12 is on my to-buy list when the live scene (bars, clubs, festivals) here on Okinawa are allowed again.
Oh man - I played a 5 song mini-gig back in the late 90s outside Kadena ...gate 3? 5? with some guys from base - we had a Marine singer that totally pulled off the Quiet Riot / Scorpions / AC/DC thing - but his voice only lasted like 30 min before being gone. I was playing a Lexicon MPX-G2 at the time and thought it was the most amazing thing.

Memories.

one thing I noticed for the presets layout is that the top row repeats a preset. so I updated on my end. Hopefully the screenshots illustrate what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    93.2 KB · Views: 125
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    78.2 KB · Views: 122
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom