How the heck do you get a cab out of the Scratchpads?

plyall

Power User
Hi folks -

I recently started digging around into IR's a bit lately, and ended up with an IR that I liked very much sitting in Scratchpad memory #1. I tried using Axe-Edit and Cab-Manage to copy/drag/move/whatever it to a new location in User memory, but the software just wouldn't play ball. I COULD copy/drag/etc. any slots in user memory.

So is there a secret way to move something from scratchpad memory to the user memory?

No secret! You can't. It's temp space for auditioning cabs without mucking with your user slots or CAB block settings for reals. The solution is to upload the same IR again to a User IR Slot using (Choose One: Cab-Lab, Fractal-Bot, Axe-Edit).

Well that sucks - seems like an artificial limitation! In any case, it looks like the long way is the solution. Thanks for the reply!

Actually - thinking about this a little more, what is the 'normal' workflow for this?

1. Load an IR/WAV/SYSEX
  2. Mangle it as you like
  3. Send it to scratchpad memory
  4. AHA! It really sounds good
  5. What goes here in terms of making it a permanent part of a patch?

Thanks!

this is also a problem if you load a "bundle". the cabs go to the scratchpad. i assumed there was a way to move the cab to a user slot, but i guess there isn't. it's a way of auditioning "bundle" presets that use third party cabs without actually sharing the cab itself, i guess....?

now i'm confused, because i thought that was the procedure. if it is, then there's no problem? if you're using cablab, you can just save your IR mix to a user slot after auditioning it in the scratchpad...

Back
Top Bottom