How the GORDIUS LittleGiant and Axe-FX work together.

I know that this might be a little far off, but wouldn't it be cool to have an editor for the Gordius and for the AxeFx as well on the iPad? :geek: :mrgreen:

Both the Gordius and the AxeFx have a somewhat limited user interface (compared to an amp or a fx device like single stompboxes or the Boss ME-70 where you have a knob for every parameter in direct access).

It would be more than just cool to have a touch screen on top of your rig where you could change your settings instantly like we were all used to in the days we were still gigging with "real" amps.

This is one of the main reason to keep my old tube-driven rig & stomp boxes - ease of adjustment. A color touch screen device that takes care of this would be f...in awesome ;-)

Plus... the iPad is only 500 bucks - pretty reasonable compared to a Macbook Pro... :ugeek:

Seriously, Xavier & Cliff - think about it. I'd buy it from the app store the first day they'd come out.
There's already a midi converter for the iPhone from Line6 available - plus Apple released a USB adapter for cameras for the iPad. Don't tell me it can't be done (or makes no sense)...

I run both the Axe-Fx and Gordius editors on a small Asus netbook as well as my normal studio PC. You could run both these applications on a very basic speced PC or laptop or netbook and you could pick something up to do this for a song. Knowing the power these two products offer together, if the editors were only available for Mac I would buy a cheap, used Mac for this purpose in a heart beat. The netbook route is a great solution for me as I take it to gigs as a backup, it fits in my guitar case.

Thanks for integrating the Afx into the Gordius that well, the videos make the configuration look like a snap :D

Along with all the other features in the Version 2, I've decided to go for the Gordius instead of the Liquid Foot, let alone wait another year for the MFC-101.

Cheers, :)
Robert

Robert G said:
I've decided to go for the Gordius instead of the Liquid Foot, let alone wait another year for the MFC-101.Robert
The Gordius is a great product because of Xavier's excellent communication, support, frequent upgrades, desire to incorporate user requests, and then he's a fast coder as well. I wanted the MFC101 too but I was out of time to wait for it.

solo-act said:
[quote="Robert G":1nfwbvub]I've decided to go for the Gordius instead of the Liquid Foot, let alone wait another year for the MFC-101.Robert
The Gordius is a great product because of Xavier's excellent communication, support, frequent upgrades, desire to incorporate user requests, and then he's a fast coder as well. I wanted the MFC101 too but I was out of time to wait for it.[/quote:1nfwbvub]

+1

gordius control for v1 controller....

anyone have the control software for a version one controller? i cannot seem to access the website...it keeps timing out.....

thank you! i am having real issues figuring out control between gordius lg version 1 and axe ultra...i wonder if there is an issue with either as i cannot get communication...i have new midi cables and usb cables...and thought it would be a matter of setting the cc numbers in the fractal, then using the gordius control to upload patch info from axe, which then i thought would cause the control software to recognize the effects in each patch, then I would select the effects I wanted to turn on and off with the gordius. instead, i cannot get the gordius control to recognize the axe and upload banks (it times out). i have a day of rehearsals and gigs tomorrow and I am over the proverbial barrell....hmm....

I just finalized a document describing all MIDI and USB options of the LittleGiant 2.
At the end of that document (page 13), there is a detailed description on how to use LittleGiant + Axe-FX + ControlCenter + Axe-Edit simultaneously.
The very last page (page 16) describes the differences between LittleGiant 1 and LittleGiant 2 with regards to this specific scenario.
You can find the document in the download section of http://www.gordius.be, or directly by clicking following link:
http://www.gordius.be/LG2_MIDI_Routing.pdf

boleary2 said:
thank you! i am having real issues figuring out control between gordius lg version 1 and axe ultra...i wonder if there is an issue with either as i cannot get communication...i have new midi cables and usb cables...and thought it would be a matter of setting the cc numbers in the fractal, then using the gordius control to upload patch info from axe, which then i thought would cause the control software to recognize the effects in each patch, then I would select the effects I wanted to turn on and off with the gordius. instead, i cannot get the gordius control to recognize the axe and upload banks (it times out). i have a day of rehearsals and gigs tomorrow and I am over the proverbial barrell....hmm....

not how v1 LG works.
you cannot load anything to the LG control center from the axe-fx. You have to enter it manually into the control center....those instructions tell the axefx what to do. (unless i missed a FW update)

Back
Top Bottom