How much CPU power can I use in my AXE FX Turbo and have the patch transfer to the FM9 w/o glitches

I completely plan on crafting presets on my axefxIII and transferring them to the FM9 turbo for live use. Am I thinking about this wrong??

I have an AXE-FX Turbo and now a FM9 turbo inbound,
How much CPU power from the AXE 3 can be effectively used in the FM9... if I have a preset on the AXE that is at 70% usage does the FM9 have the power to run that??

Thanks!
Just export the preset then import it into the FM9.
I have only had to make a few adjustments when doing this.
Post a preset and can take a look for you.

I completely plan on crafting presets on my axefxIII and transferring them to the FM9 turbo for live use. Am I thinking about this wrong??
My advice would be to not use any blocks that are not present in the FM9 as a start.
Also only CAB 1 and 2 will be present when you import the preset.
I am able to import my AX3 presets backups into my FM9 with some fix up after wards.
They pretty much work and sound the same.
You mileage may vary.

Pretty much all my presets worked without issues, but on the axe I rarely reached its limits, the heaviest preset was around 70%. But surprisingly it was just a few percent higher when I loaded it on the fm9.

Actually for most of them the difference was less than I expected and after a while I discovered why: when importing axe fx presets the cab block is switched to standard resolution which helps save a good amount of cpu from the start.
Another reason is the drive blocks use roughly the same amount of cpu on both units, and that's because they run at a lower oversampling rate (I verified this today and for amps too, I'll post some graphs if anyone's interested.. but to my ears they sound identical), other blocks (delay and reverb specifically), as we know, use way less cpu since they run on a dedicated core.

You should also check that your presets don't contain blocks that are not on the fm9, or more instances of blocks than what the fm9 supports.

PS: if a preset contains two delays and two reverbs there's a chance it will use the same cpu on both, or even a few percent less on the fm9 nonetheless! (This on fm9 turbo vs axe non-turbo)

Back
Top Bottom