How many of you have amps that you plan on Amp Matching?

My intentions for tone matching are

• I have no amps...but I am willing to take donations

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I have many amps but I am selfish and have no interest in tone matching

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I have one amp and will tone match it

Votes: 37 31.4%
  • I have access to many amps and plan to tone match them all

Votes: 39 33.1%

• Total voters

shasha

Fractal Fanatic
Not to jump the gun here, but just wondering how many of us here have amps that we're dying to get into the AxeFXII. And I wouldn't object to some details as to what they were....:mrgreen

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to have an exact replice of my live tone of my stereo set up with the uberschall and Mark IV. Just to see how close i can get with the tone matching VS the regular amp models in the Axe....I would definitely profile a friend of mine Masotti amp. which is good AWESOME!

Having somebody in the Forum tone matching the Diezel VH4 channel 3 and sharing the patch would be awesome too!

Last edited:
I have amps but most are already in the axe-fx

Vox ac30
bogner shiva
bogner XTC
1972 marshall 1987 plexi
mesa triple rec
1967 Fender Super Reverb
Orange OR50 20th Anni
ADA mp1 - probably match
Rockman sustainer - probably match

Last edited:
This seems like the thread that succeeded in nihilating 90 to 100% of all selfish people? :D

I only have a Boogie Formula Pre (named amongst "the nicest cleans ever"?) that is also said to take pedals real well (I'm sure it does, but never tested it) + Boogie 20/20, but I'll have to take donations for mic/preamp... :mrgreen The 20/20 fan will probably override everything anyway :D

Would probably match all the good sounds from our shop.... All lot is in the Axe already, but Suhr Badger, Marshall YJM, OD100se+/PT100, Mesa TA-15/TA-30, Mini Rectifier (pushed) etc... We´ll see what it sounds like... But this is Amp Matching is it not??

Yeah, it is amp matching. I'll try to fix the thread title. Wish me luck, it hit or miss in my experiences.

Yep, failed miserably at changing the title. You'd think that I'd be able to do it if it's possible. Can't edit the poll either, which kind of makes sense since it would alter the results.

I have two custom made amps that I'd like to have in my II, also my Fender Tonemaster, and a VHT/Fryette Pittbull 45 combo. That's all for now.

Yep, failed miserably at changing the title. You'd think that I'd be able to do it if it's possible. Can't edit the poll either, which kind of makes sense since it would alter the results.

Just edit your first post :)

Only have one.

Supro Thunderbolt

Not sure if it's worth buying a decent mic. All I have is a Sennheiser E835

"Go Advanced"

My amps are long gone, but I hope someone has a nice old JTM45/100 ( maybe even my old one ) and will share a match file at some point.

I'm gonna try for a Jaco bass tone at some point, but that's tone matching and not amp matching

I might do it but not just for the fact my Mesa Mark IV currently has a real nice mix of tubes and all channels sound just a bit better than the average Mark IV, might as well capture it while I can since tubes wear and replacements are not perfect. It will never have that identical tone.

But there again I’m so happy with the AF II I don’t have the burning desire to go out and do it.

If other people here start doing it I might get a little more excited about it, but dam! I do appreciate the tech either way!!

I still get blown away when there is a major improvement or features added, I came on board with 1.xx now at 5.04 it really is a different unit, in sound, controls (added moved & so on) and features. I’m not sure if the AF II will come into the grave with me. But I can pretty much guarantee it will be some sort of Fractal product.

I don't own any amps, but will be seeking out many if it matters to me in the end.

I have a 'hit' list that I've submitted to the forum 'wish' lists over and over to no avail.

Matchless DC-30 (channel 2)
Matchless Clubman (EF86 version)
Guytron GT-100
Rivera Rake (Channel 1 and 2)

Those are amps I've owned, loved and miss to this day; personal and selfish of me, but it is important to me (I did promise myself I'd someday again have those amps when I had to sell them). Dropping them in the Axe-FX II in some useful manner? PRICELESS (to me).

I feel kinda stupid as i sold them all, could have profiled all ten of them first!

My would have tone matched list:

Krank rev 1
Bogner twin jet
Framus dragon
Engl blackmore
Splawn quickrod
Diezel einstein
h&K triamp
Vht deliverance
Mesa dual rec
Peavey 5150

Hmmm, might have to buy them all again!