How many of you are actually using the Axe as your main gig rig.

I recently left my band, but for 1.5 years I played out regular gigs with the AxeFx standard exclusively. All the feedback I got from audience members was "holy crap that sounds awesome". I won't lug a heavy rig to a gig ever again.

Have used the Ultra + MFC for all my gigs during the past year. It absolutely rocks. Depending on where I was playing, I have connected it 1) directly into FOH, 2) with a FRFR amp, and 3) into Bose L1 Model 2 with 2 bass modules. The tone is forgiving and cuts through everything. Way better than anything else I've ever used over the years.

Played my first gig with the ultra on friday with subzero (other guitarist was also using an ultra + vht 2/90) and it sounded massive. I did overdo the volume not realizing the seer brutality of the mesa 295. Haha. Tone was super clear and every picking nuance shone through. Used a voodoo ground control pro to control the axe (although for this band i only use 2 patches - heavy rhythm / lead tone, and a clean/delay reverb tone). What a ground breaking unit, i cant wait to play live with my main group!

I am now, I have only played at church thru the PA once and tonight with a band I have been dong some shows with, I have ran the axe fx in my studio but never real loud, tonight I just brought some cheap Behringer b212d powered speakers and dialed them in a bit and everyone including myself was blown away at my tone, I can imagine what some good speakers will sound like, I have a rocktron velocity 300 and a 2x12 cab coming next week....we will see but thus far the axe fx ultra has given me the best tone I have ever had in my life, the drummer said "that sound is like......clean distortion hmmmm, clean distortion?" I'm keeping two of my class A palomino combos and currently have my 4 other amps for sale, the axe fx is the best thing since tube amps IMO.

I'm a newbee here and have had my ultra for 3 weeks but I dont know if it is just me but the axe fx actually makes me play differently than I usually do in a good way.

Update: sold ultra Now have axe-fx II. just did a solo act tonight with the built in looper to help. Looper is awesome but not being able to switch patches and being 60 seconds will force me to keep boss looper for now. I use it in 2 bands and also two church bands. I haven't found much use for it yet in my jazz group (I wish we did more than standards or we redid standards), but I use only clean tone with verb for that gig. I have several famous cabs and nice heads, but it's pointless to use them anymore. I'm sporting the qsc k10s for stereo stage volume and rehearsals.

I ask this because most of the clips I hear are done going direct to recording software and what-not. These all sound great. I personally dont have that so all my clips are live to the camera. My Axe rig is my sole performance rig.

How many of you are in the same boat as me and gig week after week with your Axe?

Has there been any problems with packin it around.

I do about 40 to 60 gigs a season sometimes and so far I have about 15+ under my belt with my Axe with no problems...(knock on wood). I am thinking about gettin a back up unit like a Line 6 Pocket Pod or HD or X3. You know, one of the small ones that I can pack in my breif case for back up just in case anything goes wrong.

Thanks
T

I have been using it since november. It has been difficult to set it right the first time, but, once learned, it works great! I usually keep the old pedalboard as a back-up, but I have never used it!

Happy 2012 to everybody! :D

The Axe-FX is really all I need. I don't even own a real proper tube amp anymore, unless you count Atomic powered cabs.

Back
Top Bottom