How many are using external loopers w/ Fractal?

Do you use an external looper?

• Total voters
Anybody using a Boss RC600? I just purchased one to record ideas for songs and loop them through my axefx III. I have my Adam A7s which come right out of the axefx output 1. Just trying to figure out the best way I should set this up at the end of my preset chain so I have stereo input from axefx to the looper and then stereo out of the looper back into the axefx stereo out? I seem to be only getting a mono signal back from the looper.

Looper threads come up quite a bit and I'm wondering how many Fractal users here integrate external loopers and if so, which one do you use?

*edit late in the thread: added new poll option for use of both internal/external
AxeFx3 aes/ebu out into AxeFx2 & MFC-101 in looper mode.
This way I can still have a looper option regardless of what preset I'm using w/ my AxeFx3.

Anybody using a Boss RC600? I just purchased one to record ideas for songs and loop them through my axefx III. I have my Adam A7s which come right out of the axefx output 1. Just trying to figure out the best way I should set this up at the end of my preset chain so I have stereo input from axefx to the looper and then stereo out of the looper back into the axefx stereo out? I seem to be only getting a mono signal back from the looper.
just send from out 3 and back in to in 3. stereo pairs. place the in and out blocks in your presets where you need them

I did at first before I could get my FC-6, but now I use the looper block all the time to try out stuff when I’m rehearsing / noodling / writing at home. Love controlling it from the fc-6 and the all-in-one sollution with the axe3

I'm holding off buying any external looper (for now) as I've been working with the Axe's internal looper and today I programmed a preset for my Airstep controller for dedicated looper functions. Works slick. I have my FC12 also but i sometimes use my Airstep for a quick and fast setup in a different area of my large room.

I just watched an Andertons Youtube vid on the new Sheeran Looper X. It was a collaboration with Headrush.

I actually bought the Headrush Looperboard a few days ago. As best I can tell (which is Headrush standard M.O.) this new LooperX is the same as the Looperboard, just in a new housing minus 4 footswitches and that guys name on it. It likely has a new processor like the FM9 got due to supply chain issues, but running the same algorithms with the same feature set.

Yup, same thing, just tweaked the U.I. and on basically firmware 3.0 of the looperboard
That's interesting. I dumped Headrush based on timing issues on the Looperboard. So they halt the Looperboard at v2.05 and then remarket it as a different product but (hopefully) with firmware that's less buggy and doesn't produce timing anomalies - well that's one approach.... On paper and ergonomically the Looperboard still looks to be the ultimate looper but there remain timing problems that are annoyingly unpredictable. I would have readily accepted it was me but the beta firmware forum is full of similarly disappointed owners. So near but so far.

That's interesting. I dumped Headrush based on timing issues on the Looperboard. So they halt the Looperboard at v2.05 and then remarket it as a different product but (hopefully) with firmware that's less buggy and doesn't produce timing anomalies - well that's one approach.... On paper and ergonomically the Looperboard still looks to be the ultimate looper but there remain timing problems that are annoyingly unpredictable. I would have readily accepted it was me but the beta firmware forum is full of similarly disappointed owners. So near but so far.
Got a link to this discussion? I've only messed about with it for ana hour or so thus far.

Got a link to this discussion? I've only messed about with it for ana hour or so thus far.
yeah sure - https://headrushforum.com/c/headrush-looperboard/8

The beta forum may be closed but there's references in the general open forum.
To be clearer it depends to some degree what mode you use it in and whether it's a master or slaved midi clock. I have seen tracks slip out of sync for no apparent reason but it's a while ago now....
The firmware (2.05) is massively improved - it was literally unusable on first release - shockingly so.
I thought for a moment that they released a v3 firmware - I still own one - but development was ceased based on what was said on that forum.
Hopefully it will work out for you but I found myself fighting it too much.

I've been embracing both the looper in the Axe Fx for when I'm noodling and doing simple ideas. I have my Airstep programmed with the looper controls. works great. Also, I've really been using Ableton Live more. I'm considering upgrading from Standard to Suite just even for the Max Live. I've seen a few nifty M4L devices like preset clip looper lengths and 1 button looper device fashioned after a Boss RC pedal. I think automation with Live is so incredibly powerful. Been watching some tutorial vids on that ...really incredible what you can do with some forethought.

I use my Axe FX 2 as a dedicated looper & the MFC-101 in looper mode for it's controller.
This way I can use my Axe FX 3 w/ guitar synths routed through it to the AES/EBU input of the Axe FX 2.
This works better than I could have imagined. Sound scaping galore.

I use Cubase as my main DAW but little over a year ago started using Ableton but don't use it like a typical DAW either. i'm using it more in the way as a digital mixer of sorts as well. I have my Akai APC40 mkII to quickly select channels. I have one set that just has combination of my main fav synth tracks for example that i like to switch between. I still have much to learn with Ableton...but I like how it differs from Cubase in that I can quickly get sounds going

@VittorioAngelo I'm looking at your configuration of I/O in ableton. Man I gotta step up my game. me looking at your setup is like this> mind you, I'm still not confident with Ableton as I need to spend more time with it
View attachment 134518

Lol

This woman is a brazilian actress called Renata Sorrah.

This picture is a “meme” (fun made about an image) created about a soap novel character called Nazaré Tedesco.

Back
Top Bottom