How long after the waitlist , before sales BEGIN ?

1poorplayer

Power User
Everybody who buys products , in this modern day of AMAZON , wants to buy something and have it sitting at their doorstep within 2 days. I think this thought process is perhaps the reason that the initial waitlist thread here , was beginning to resemble the start of an angry mob , shortly before the open post was revealed. Whew. It was getting ugly.

Like everyone else , lurking around the AX8 portion of this forum , I too am anxious to get my hands on one. Aside from wanting to use it for some upcoming gigs , I need to make some timely decisions , based on how soon I will be allowed to make the actual purchase and receive the AX8.

With over 17,000 views on the waitlist thread , and over 15,000 views of the Helix - AX8 thread , the guys around here who got on the waitlist "early" , might be in for a surprise , when it comes to their actual place in line on the "waitlist." I hope not , but only the Fractal team knows the number of people waiting , the number of units available , and the scheduled date for release.

Can someone who knows , give us an idea of when orders should begin for sales and shipping ?

I don't care. I'm a FAS customer. They have my info, I have my confirmation. I'll pay the moment I get the invitation email. Been there, done that. I have my XL and MFC.

I don't think you have to worry about the preorder problem that some retailers created for early Helix orders. For the vast majority of buyers Fractal controls the product all the way through delivery to the end user. No chance for some middle-man corporate entity to screw the pooch.

Many of us have gone through the FAS waitlist procedure before... and many of us are back waiting in line again LOL...
Just proof that FAS builds great gear and it's in high demand.
From my own experiences (good, bad, indifferent) my advice is don't plan on getting the AX8 anytime soon. Meaning, don't EXPECT it for a certain gig or session. Don't sell off something you might NEED for a scheduled gig or session. Prep to have your $1399 (plus shipping) READY when you get the email, WHENEVER you get the email (assuming you really want it).
For some people (possibly me) this means stripping everything down and gigging my "B" rig (which I'm actually looking forward to!)
I say you are better off forgetting that you are on the waitlist (that is what I did on the FX8) and will pleasantly surprised when you get your welcome email.
I have been a part of this before (including the google spreadsheets, endless posts, etc...)

Many of us have gone through the FAS waitlist procedure before... and many of us are back waiting in line again LOL...
Just proof that FAS builds great gear and it's in high demand.
From my own experiences (good, bad, indifferent) my advice is don't plan on getting the AX8 anytime soon. Meaning, don't EXPECT it for a certain gig or session. Don't sell off something you might NEED for a scheduled gig or session. Prep to have your $1399 (plus shipping) READY when you get the email, WHENEVER you get the email (assuming you really want it).
For some people (possibly me) this means stripping everything down and gigging my "B" rig (which I'm actually looking forward to!)
I say you are better off forgetting that you are on the waitlist (that is what I did on the FX8) and will pleasantly surprised when you get your welcome email.
I have been a part of this before (including the google spreadsheets, endless posts, etc...)

Great advice. The money is in hand , and ready for Fractal. Truth be known , I was willing to pay MORE than the current Helix price for this unit , if the sound is there. Looks like I'll just go ahead and return some recently purchased gear that doesn't live up to my expectations , and plan on using a couple of old stomp boxes that perform well for a show at the end of the month. Returning a tweaking nightmare with great features , and putting that money towards , what I hope is , "tone in a box" , called the AX8.
Maybe....... just maybe , I'll make the cut !

Cool. Thanks.

We can end the thread now ...... before people who know nothing about the answer start posting useless comments

.................too late.

;)

Sorry, I should clarify. My post was not in any way shape or form a criticism of your question. I also want to know when shipments are set to begin. My post was a criticism of the way FAS conducts their product launches, which has already been beaten to death in other threads. :)

Sorry, I should clarify. My post was not in any way shape or form a criticism of your question. I also want to know when shipments are set to begin. My post was a criticism of the way FAS conducts their product launches, which has already been beaten to death in other threads. :)

FAS don't take advice from the Dark Lord. Now if Harry wants to tell FAS how to run the business ... :lol

Sorry ... couldn't resist!

Back
Top Bottom