How is the Whammy?

mindseyes

I was pondering how the whammy is in the AFII today while I was playing with the one in my HD500, it actually works surprisingly well.

I haven't seen anyone mention a whammy yet from the II and I have a few more weeks until I get mine so can anyone tell me about it or post some clips?

Thanks!!

I was pondering how the whammy is in the AFII today while I was playing with the one in my HD500, it actually works surprisingly well.

I haven't seen anyone mention a whammy yet from the II and I have a few more weeks until I get mine so can anyone tell me about it or post some clips?

Thanks!!

I like it.

Thanks guys!!!
The axeII will be my adventure with a Fractal product and I can not wait to dive down the rabbit hole!!!
Hopefully it will not be to much longer on the wait, I got in on the TM pre-order and I hear they are expecting them any day now so fingers crossed!!

Very good. I like it better than the wh-4 and the hd500. If you set the pitch source to poly local you can get it shifting simple chords and diads.

This makes me happy. Shoot me for saying it, but I actually prefer the Whammy in my HD500 to the whammy in the Standard. Just sounds smoother to me. Has more of that "rubbing my hand on an inflated balloon" sound to it- which I like.

Can't wait to try the pitch effects in the 2.

-Phil

This makes me happy. Shoot me for saying it, but I actually prefer the Whammy in my HD500 to the whammy in the Standard. Just sounds smoother to me. Has more of that "rubbing my hand on an inflated balloon" sound to it- which I like.

-Phil

Yeah I absolutely hate the pitch shifting on the hd500 but the Whammy is an exception. The Whammy will sound almost identical to the standard since the pitch shifting has not changed substantially on the II as far as I can tell. Will will gain the features that the ultra had but the rest should be about the same.

-Phil

I liked the sound of the real whammy pedal and the hd500 version better than what I could get from my ultra.

Back
Top Bottom