How is the rotary in Axe Fx 3?

I treat the rotary as a pedal and use (mono) before amp+cab, and it sounds great.

Nice Roggae drop in there ;-)

I almost always have a Rotary in my presets; in fact I prefer it over Chorus for just about any subtle modulation sounds.
Me too. I rarely use Chorus, and prefer the Rotary. Because Chorus is delay-based, it tends to smear the attack of notes, and makes the rhythm somewhat ambiguous.

Me too. I rarely use Chorus, and prefer the Rotary. Because Chorus is delay-based, it tends to smear the attack of notes, and makes the rhythm somewhat ambiguous.
Exactly. I use Chorus for songs where it's a major part of the sound but otherwise Rotary is my go to.

I’ve quite literally replaced large Leslie setups of touring artists with Axe-Fxes. Complete success and happiness in all instances.

The rotary block sounds phenomenal. But it did in the II as well.

Oops! I must’ve skipped over your sound samples. Thanks so much for posting mate. Sounds great. I’m wondering how you go about getting the break up tone on the 2nd and 3rd riffs in that clip? Sounds great! Are you using a particular drive block or amp for that? A particular cabinet.

Basically I want to clone your tone but I’m only an AxeFX2 user. If presets can’t be shared across from Axe3 to Axe2 then some screen shots of the main parameters would be super super helpful.

Oops! I must’ve skipped over your sound samples. Thanks so much for posting mate. Sounds great. I’m wondering how you go about getting the break up tone on the 2nd and 3rd riffs in that clip? Sounds great! Are you using a particular drive block or amp for that? A particular cabinet.

Basically I want to clone your tone but I’m only an AxeFX2 user. If presets can’t be shared across from Axe3 to Axe2 then some screen shots of the main parameters would be super super helpful.
TS 808 drive. That’s with rotary post CAB. That AFII preset should be on the exchange. I’ll find it.

Preset: https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=3975

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom